Early Career Systems Service Engineer Flight Controls Featured
- Placentia, California
- Job ID
Early Career Systems Service Engineer Flight Controls job at Boeing in Placentia CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Boeing Commercial Airline Customer Support is currently seeking a Systems Service Engineer(Level-2) with broad knowledge of Boeing mechanical flight control system design and engineering principles in Seal Beach California.
The primary responsibility in this role will be addressing and resolving in-service issues related to airplane flight control systems. In this role you will also be tasked with: working directly with airline customers to analyze flight control system issues writing technical documents to inform airline customers of flight control system issues status/resolution monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and important airline meetings off-hours and may require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365.
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product life-cycle.
- Leading research of technical operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Designing and/or providing analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
- Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential safety issues.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Writes documentation of hardware- and software-related problems.
- Participates in activities for on-site disabled product repair teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Solves problems and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product life-cycle.
- Works with others to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Provides critical support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product life-cycle.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen lawful permanent resident refugee or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment to support the needs of the customer.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Full-time aerospace industry experience with flight control systems
- Mechanical flight control systems experience with Boeing or McDonnell Douglas commercial airplane models.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering computer science mathematics physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA ABET accreditation is the preferred although not required accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 1st shift.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana cocaine opioids amphetamines PCP and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.