Graduate Programmer Analyst Featured
- Port Melbourne, Victoria Australia
- Job ID
Graduate Programmer Analyst job at Boeing in Port Melbourne Victoria
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defence, space and security systems. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Graduate Programmer Analyst to be based in our Brisbane or Melbourne office.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing, improving and supporting key engineering, product and project systems used by a range of Boeing programs.
As part of a team of business, systems and programmer analysts, the Programmer/Analyst is actively involved in assisting and executing the following activities:
- Implementation- Designs, develops, configures, tests and documents new custom solutions or commercial off the shelf (COTS) applications
- Improvement - Drives the continuous improvement priorities with key users to ensure the systems continue to be enhanced to meet the businesses needs
- Support - Ensures the systems are kept technically up-to-date and take ownership of the break/fix support to ensure the systems are always working as per design.
This exciting role will work as part a dedicated customer and technology focused team that provides DevOps capabilities to deliver critical business outcomes.
- Design, script/code/configure both custom developed and commercial off the shelf (COTS) applications.
- Drives the continuous improvement with business stakeholders to ensure the systems continue to be enhanced and meet the business needs
- Ensures the systems are always kept up to date technically (patches, support packs, upgrades, compliance reporting) and is responsible for the break/fix (Level 2/3) support to ensure the systems are always working as per design.
- Engages with business and functional resources to understand business requirements, and develops knowledge of business processes to be enabled in the systems.
- Supports business analysts in the definition of new system requirements, and to support the resolution of complex IT issues across the business.
- Works proactively with colleagues in infrastructure, database, information security, change and release management, and service desk to successfully deliver system changes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Exposure to standard IT disciplines and system development lifecycle SDLC processes.
- Exposure to DB development tools like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Exposure to using GIT, Docker
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience specific to this role.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Due to the nature of this role, we can only accept applications from Citizens of Australia
- Strong interest in Engineering/Systems Engineering/Aerospace Industry.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.