Sysadmin/IT Support Technician 2 Network & Linux/Windows Competence Featured
- Englewood, Colorado
- Job ID
SysadminIT Support Technician 2 Network LinuxWindows Competence job at Boeing in Englewood CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing/Jeppesen Hosting & Solutions Deployment’s team is currently looking for two SysAdmin/IT Support Technicians to join their team in Englewood, CO. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organization. The team is providing Platform as a Service (PaaS) for airlines that are using Boeing/Jeppesen Crew and Network & Operations Management optimization products.
We are looking for someone that can help support all of our customers globally in general and the America region in particular. A succesful candidate has broad and general knowledge about both local IT infrastructure and Cloud hosting environments. These position will be responsible for the daily and long-term support and services of both locally-deployed and cloud-hosted customers.
- Provide application management, system administration and advanced technical support to our Airline Crew and Network & Operations Management systems
- Engages in close collaboration with customers (both external and internal)
- Acts as an infrastructure expert
- Assist clients with knowledge injections, proactive problem solving and daily management of production installations.
- Act as the primary infrastructure contact for the customer and work internally with different teams to ensure issues are resolved with quality and within expected time frames
- Provisions, configure and maintains cloud based servers and network
- Deploys, maintains and supports operating system and relevant software
- Support and maintain client’s production deployments on a daily basis and 24/7 through periodically on-call assignments
- Engages in Incident Handling and Problem Management
This is a Hybrid role with occasional work on site required.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years work experience in Networking/Infrastructure/Sysadmin
- Red Hat on VMware
- Windows (GPO)
- Experience with Active Directory, IdP, SAML, LDAP, IPA and similar technologies
- Network design, administration and troubleshooting, Routers/Firewalls/NAT/DNS
- Open VPN
- Unix and/or Linux and shell scripting.
- IBM Cloud
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience/knowledge of working with either development, configuration, support or infrastructure of Jeppesen Crew and Network Operations products
- Databases (Oracle preferred)
- Server Density
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 years related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements. Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado Summary pay range: $59,850.00–$111,150.00
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.