Senior Radar Systems Electrophysics Engineer Scientist Featured
- Kent, Washington
- Job ID
Senior Radar Systems Electrophysics Engineer Scientist job at Boeing in Kent WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Senior Radar Systems Electrophysics Engineer - Scientist for the Space & Launch team. This position can be located either in El Segundo, CA or Kent, WA.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for exploring / exploiting cutting edge technologies in support of National goals. This includes incrementally progressing promising concepts into operations through an Amazon Web Services cloud based dev/sec/ops environment. This individual will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide novel solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious within the Boeing Space & Launch division for mission / ground systems.
The position requires the individual to have the ability to quickly understand new technologies and come up with technology insertion plans. This role requires the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
Specific areas of focus include Signal Processing & Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence algorithm development to develop new machine learning techniques, and apply them to the challenge of improving automatic target identification in Synthetic Automatic Target Recognition ATR data across multiple spectrums.
- Develops architectures to integrate multiple systems into higher level systems and platforms
- Leads development of trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around complex requirements
- Develops new and improved modeling and simulation techniques
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues
- Leads development of major sections of large-scale proposals to support development of new business
- Works under consultative direction
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- 3+ years of experience in software architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience with strong technical writing skills and ability to communicate with technical and nontechnical audience
- Experience with deep learning and computer vision applications
- 1+ years of experience with demonstrative leadership
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Academic work or published papers in the field of computer vision object detection
- Experience transitioning machine learning algorithms into operational settings
- Experience writing proposals for R & D programs
- Experience in transition applied research and development concepts into operations
- Customer and user focus experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Eligible for 3ERP
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.