Associate Spacecraft Operations Support Analyst Hot
- Ft Washington, Maryland
- Job ID
Associate Spacecraft Operations Support Analyst job at Boeing in Ft Washington MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Boeing Defense Space and Security (BDS) organization is seeking an Associate Spacecraft Operations Support Analyst to join their team in Springfield Virginia.
The candidate will work at a spacecraft ground station as part of a Mission Operations team. The Command and Control Engineering team is responsible for all aspects of spacecraft operations and maintenance.
- Responsible for all aspects of spacecraft operations including mission planning and/or monitoring and trending the on-orbit spacecraft telemetry looking for adverse trends that could affect operations as well as planning and execution of all required spacecraft and ground system maintenance and recovery from spacecraft anomalies. This also includes ensuring the integrity of the ground system and operational software to maintain command and control
- Coordinate with external groups on current and future ground system testing and integration; spacecraft launch transfer and initialization (LT&I); as well as participate in war rooms in support of anomaly resolutions
- Analyze technical data verify and sustain specific system configurations in accordance with defined constraints and operational requirements
- Coordinate with management and peers to ensure the integrity and continuity of high quality operational products including procedures tools detailed event logging training material and system configuration
- Create and collaborate on process improvements that aim to increase operational efficiency for example by developing new software tools creating new operational procedures and increasing system automation
This position requires an active Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) Ability to obtain CI Polygraph Pre-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- More than 1 year of experience in a technical or engineering field (typically acquired through various certifications technical work experience apprenticeships technical coursework and/or military experience).
- Ability to complete a certification program. The candidate will be provided specialized training (combination self-study in-class training and on-the-job (OTJ) training) in order to learn the necessary skills related to the ground and spacecraft configuration management allowing them to obtain the necessary certifications required for this position.
- Willing to work a Rotating Shift
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree
- Experience reading and interpreting technical data
- Experience working directly with aerospace vehicles
- Experience working with space and/or antenna systems
- Experience working with ground communication networks
- Completed CI or Full Scope Polygraph
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master 6 years related work experience etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana cocaine opioids amphetamines PCP and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for a variable shift
- Must be willing to work variable shifts including weekends and overtime. This position may require working a variety of fluctuating schedules (to include 24x7). The shifts would be rotating shifts which include working days nights weekends and/or holidays.
Boeing Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.