Flight Test Engineer Featured
- Wichita, Kansas
- Job ID
Flight Test Engineer job at Bombardier in Wichita KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Bombardier our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea well provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
This position is based in Wichita Kansas and will report to the Director of Flight Operations and Engineering.
In your role you will:
- Conduct test planning test readiness safety of flight activities to support test operations
- Operate as a qualified experimental cabin crewmember following appropriate product and safety training
- Support other flight crewmembers with aircraft limitations special instructions and test procedures
- Operate all cabin experimental provisions and mission specific test instrumentation.
- Communicate to engineering and project personnel on the planning status and results of test execution (ground and/or flight)
- Produce test documentation and reports consistent with approved Bombardier standards.
- Oversee and confirm test aircraft configuration for test including test instrumentation prior to testing
- Undertake preliminary review and processing of specific test planning documents.
- Observe and operate within the bounds of Bombardier Transport Canada and FAA rules and regulations which includes proper use of safety and risk mitigation methods and the safe operation of equipment
As our ideal candidate
- You must hold a Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline (Aerospace or Aeronautical basis preferred)
- You must have an understanding of common flight test procedures and requirements
- You must have an appreciation for the existence of Transport Canada FAA and EASA Certification processes and procedures
- You must have demonstrated capacity and skills to prioritize and manage large amounts of information
- You must have interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals departments and organizations
- You must have well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- You must have an understanding that the flight test environment may require irregular work hours and does require travel
- You must be able to be obtain and maintain a FAA Class 3 Medical Certificate
- You must demonstrate a strong desire to work in a very rewarding engineering based environment at the leading edge of modern aviation platforms
- You have previous exposure to the aviation environment through personal activities or through professional requirement (preferred)
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion gender gender identity or expression sexual orientation national origin genetics age disability status veteran status or any other characteristic protected by Federal National or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.