Civil Engineering Intern Aviation Federal Featured
- Wallingford, Connecticut
- Job ID
Civil Engineering Intern Aviation Federal job at Burns McDonnell in Wallingford CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Our Civil Engineers/Interns are responsible for performing tasksrequiring the application of standard structural engineering techniques andprocedures. This includes standarddesign of civil/structural project work assisting lead engineers with variousproject duties and other duties as assigned.
Project work includes site development of a wide range of militaryfacilities and/or design of airfield infrastructure type projects includingrunways taxiways and aprons for military commercial or municipal clients.Some specific tasks of a Civil engineer include but are not limited to:
- Master planning and designing airports and federal installations
- Designing all elements of site development and supporting infrastructure including airfield layout and orientation facility layout and orientation vehicular access pedestrian access and stormwater management
- Maintaining corporate technical expertise for design construction and evaluation for flexible and rigid pavement
- Designing utility systems to support federal facilities aviation facilities and fuel system facilities
- Managing construction of airfield pavements and other airport improvement projects
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned..
- Pursuit of Bachelors or Masters degree inCivil Engineering from an accredited program
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in apost-secondary education in a field related to the work done in the department.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA stronglypreferred.
- Prior internship and/or relatedconsulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campuscommunity or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills.
- Strong problem solving andanalytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience inMicrosoft Office programs including Word Excel PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learneraptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to workwithout restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the country wherethis position is located for the duration of the internship.
Burns McDonnell Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.