Operations Squadron Support Hot
- Bellevue, Nebraska
- Job ID
Operations Squadron Support job at CAE in Bellevue NE
Description, duties, responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
In this role the Operations Squadron Support will be responsible providing squadrons with functional support for typical additional duties assigned to squadron personnel. Moreover squadron support is a challenging dynamic process requiring adapting quickly to changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate with the training officer squadron aviation resource management (SARM) UDM and Director of Operations (DO) or designated representative to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations qualification upgrade test exercises and continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards in accordance with DO priorities.
- Build long- and short-range shift schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew instructor evaluator support personnel and supervisor positions.
- Keep track when crewmembers are on leave temporary duty have scheduled medical appointments or other scheduling commitments.
- Track daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the DO or designated representative.
- Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure full coverage by working with the current mission commander/operations supervisor (or equivalent) and flight responsible for the shift that is not fully manned.
- Obtain aircraft and equipment availability data from maintenance and schedule crewmembers for training exercises simulators and operations as required.
- Publish and post scheduling data for unit long-/short-range ground/academic flying and simulator training event schedules on Patriot Excalibur (PEX) or other computer database systems.
- Perform daily updates of scheduling data to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates.
- Coordinate with Operations Support Squadron (OSS) Plans department outside agencies/exercise participants and higher headquarters: RED FLAG GREEN FLAG Weapons School support report and facilitate exercise and special event schedule coordination.
- Provide inputs to OSS Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and Top 3 schedules.
- Attend the various meetings for schedule as directed by the DO.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Two (2) years of experience working as a squadron aircrew scheduler.
- Two (2) years of experience working with PEX or similar proprietary scheduling program.
- Two (2) years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products in an operational squadron
- Ability to work with minimal supervision detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- An Active Secret Clearance
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials in any form. Shall not divulge any information or afford access to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers phones photocopiers filing cabinets and fax machines
- Ability to operate personal computer and communicate via telephone
- Domestic and international travel as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE" were proud to work as one passionate boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE all employees are welcome regardless of race nationality colour religion sex gender identity or expression sexual orientation disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading but refers to men women and the gender diverse.
CAE Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.