Avionics Engineer Senior Featured
- Fairfax, Vermont
- Job ID
Avionics Engineer Senior job at COLSA Corporation in Fairfax VT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Tracking Code 5623-987 Job Description
- Knowledge of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition development integration all verification methods to include a review of ICDs sustainment modeling/simulation test and evaluation and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.
- Support Aircraft Information Management Systems (AIMS) requirements/ testing/ certification and spectrum management requirements/ testing/ certification.
- Use knowledge of Communications Navigation Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) requirements policies and regulations to define requirements complete CNS/ATM compliance matrices and support testing and certification of aircraft and supporting systems.
- Support and assist systems analyses to include but not be limited to avionics system design/design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessment.
- Attend all technical reviews and provide technical advice on the path forward to the installation of the new hardware and software into the system.
- Assist in reviewing and performing assessments on program-specific databases.
Contractor personnel assigned to Controls Busses and Displays shall perform these additional duties:
- Demonstrate knowledge in the area of controls and displays data bus and data recording development test sustainment and operations covering airborne vehicles controls and displays subsystems (including but not limited to cockpit displays and aerial refueling operator station displays) to include performance integrity and FAA and DoD airworthiness/certification.
- Review technical documents determining sufficiency for demonstrating compliance with spec and airworthiness summarizing findings recommended changes and communicating all results to program offices.
- Support technical interchange meetings with regards to updates/upgrades in area of controls and displays data buses (including but not limited to MIL-STD-1553B and ARINC-429) and data recording equipment.
- Support the avionics team in development of requirements for future upgrades to associated equipment.
- Apply knowledge in reviewing associated equipment airworthiness reports in accordance with AFPD 62-6 USAF Airworthiness requirements.
- Have an understanding of applying MIL-HDBK-516C Airworthiness Certification Criteria to aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Assist in translating user requirements into weapons system requirements which will be used to design develop fabricate test and evaluate weapons systems subsystems and equipment for eventual fielding and deployment.
- Assist in performing material solution analyses leading up to design reviews.
- Assist in translating user requirements into system requirements which will be used to design develop fabricate test and evaluate systems subsystems and equipment for deployment.
- Assist in providing support to produce or review products that include the following: technical evaluations/plans; engineering studies reports and analyses; and acquisition strategies/plans such as: ICD; Operational Requirements Document (ORD)/CDD; CONOPS; CPD; System Requirements Document (SRD); System Specification; RFPs; System Engineering Plan (SEP); Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP); Test Acceptance Procedures (ATPs); Program Environment Safety and Occupational Health Evaluation (PESHE); information support plan; PPP; Technology Assessment/Control Plan (TA/CP); emerging technology assessments and Technology Transition Plans (TTPs); Information Assurance Strategy (IAS); Security Classification Guide (SCG); Alternative Live Fire Test and Evaluation Plan; Clinger-Cohen Act (CCA) compliance; Consideration of Technology Issues; Data Management Strategy; Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Survivability Assessments; Net-Centric Data Strategy; Spectrum Supportability Determination; Technical Data Rights Strategy; Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA); Manufacturing Readiness Assessment (MRA); and other program/technical documents as required.
- Assist in developing and collecting technical data and inputs for staff summary packages and executive briefings to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approvals.
- Support project team meetings working groups and reviews as needed such as: SRR PDR CDR TRR TCM TIM FCA PCA PRR PMR and other meetings/working groups/reviews as applicable.
- Assist in analyzing equipment and software deficiencies; make recommendations for equipment and software deficiency corrections; and assist in developing integrating and testing equipment and software deficiency solutions.
- Assist the USG in the engineering evaluation of prime and subcontractor recommendations for operational and support issues including but not limited to evaluations of Advance Change Study Notices (ACSN) ECPs Contract Change Proposal (CCPs) FAA bulletins modification proposals DMSMS program risk and related documents.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of IMP IMS and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
- Perform as required an advisory role for program weapon system contractor source selections on all engineering related requirements.
- Assist the USG in the performance of disciplined engineering activities to assure OSS&E for all products.
- Assist with establishing implementing and adhering to LCSE processes to ensure OSS&E compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Assist with the implementation of the SEP throughout program operations and advise the USG of pertinent shortfalls or gaps for which corrective actions may be needed.
- Participate in value stream mapping activities and Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO21) program facilitation.
- Assist in translating production and operational requirements into design fabrication and testing objectives.
- Assist in generating and managing configuration management data management and risk management processes and plans; support environmental assessments support design reviews TIMs interface control meetings program management reviews audits and other technical reviews; and have thorough knowledge of DR procedures and processes.
- Assist in producing and/or reviewing technical evaluations engineering studies reports analyses and acquisition plans and strategies.
- Assist in milestone preparation as well as engineering evaluation of OEM and subcontractor recommendations for operational and support issues such as: evaluations of Advance Change Study Notices ECPs Contractor Change Proposals FAA bulletins and related documents.
- Apply OSS&E and airworthiness processes as well as assist in providing risk assessments safety analysis and recommendations and address high priority safety issues.
At COLSA people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our Family of Professionals! Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here .Required Experience
- Apply an understanding of DoD AF and common engineering/scientific principles processes and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems.
- BS/MS degree in an ABET-accredited engineering discipline
- Minimum of 15 years functional area experience
- Independently demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook Word Excel PowerPoint SharePoint and Skype/Lync) Adobe Acrobat and applications for access to the worldwide web including Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the required level
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or national origin.Job Location Robins Air Force Base Georgia United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
COLSA Corporation strives to maintain a fully accessible site for all visitors.
If you have questions regarding accessibility or need help with the job application process please ...@colsa.com
COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
2021 COLSA Corporation All rights reserved
COLSA Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.