JOB TITLE: EveningDispatcher Flight Operations
FLSA: Non-Exempt DEPARTMENT: Flight Operations
REPORTS TO: Director of Flight Operations JOB CODE ADM
PREPARED BY: Talent Department DATE: January 2020
SUMMARY: The EveningDispatcher will assist with a wide variety of administrative and office activities. This position participates in a busy organization and help complete special projects and events as well as day-to-day activities.
The Evening Dispatcher must uphold the philosophy and mission the University while instilling a positive and progressive attitude in all students and employees.
JOB REQUIREMENTS include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for compliance with all local state accreditation and federal regulations
- Ensure completeness accuracy and security of campus files documents and reports
- Ensure and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Responsible for complete and accurate timekeeping
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities ethically and professionally.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards in education.
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities to achieve a win-win situation for students and the University.
- Possess a mastery of California Aeronautical University history features benefits and program information.
- Ramp In and out of all flight student training activities.
- Assurance that all FAA required documentation and endorsements are current and available.
- Broad understanding of FAA requirements for flight training.
- Work closely with Line Department to ensure efficient operations including fuel orders tracking oil usage etc.
- Closing operation procedures.
- Greet visitors ascertain nature of the business and assist visitors to appropriate person.
- Answer general questions from students/customers.
- Assists with day of scheduling changes as well as managing stand-by fly list for CAU students.
- Assists with day-to-day duties of Dispatch desk and Flight Operations.
- Assists with student communication via email.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is paid an hourly wage in accordance with all state and federal labor laws and is NOT eligible for bonuses commission or other incentive pay as prohibited by federal law.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Experience in customer service in aviation is preferred. Associate s degree (AA) or equivalent or six months to one-year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to interact in a pleasant and professional manner with all types of people. Ability to work well under pressure manage multiple priorities set and meet deadlines and manage unexpected situations. Strong technology skills required.
Ability to read analyze and interpret business communications financial reports legal documents and some government reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries and/or complaints from students regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to students top management and/or public groups.
Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to converse and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger a computer keyboard and handle the telephone. The employee is required to stand walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and coordinate with others for heavier objects primarily occurring during company display setups for various events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.