Aeronautical Engineer Transonic Wind Tunnel Featured
- Buffalo, New York
- Job ID
Aeronautical Engineer Transonic Wind Tunnel job at Calspan Corporation in Buffalo NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Support execution of aerospace testing operations in accurate and efficient manner. Organize test objectives and requirements and communicate them to the test crew. Verify and validate aerodynamic test data. Monitor progress and provide feedback to the test crew. Maintain close coordination with the customer. Communicate status to leadership.
- Develop detailed project plans. Generate test requirements including those pertaining to investigating evaluating and developing new applications for existing equipment and systems. Maintain close coordination with the customer. Communicate test requirements and plans to project team. Monitor control and provide feedback on projects cost and schedule performance. Ensure projects are completed in accordance with the project plan and in alignment with customer requirements.
- Lead or assist on special projects to determine develop and implement new technologies for future growth in capabilities and offerings.
- Develop new or improve existing applications test procedures and processes; ensure that they conform to standards procedures and regulatory requirements; and that they are under configuration control. Document and maintain pertinent work instructions.
Must be able to work:
- 2nd shift Monday - Friday or
- Wednesday - Saturday 10 hours per day 1st shift
Minimum Education / Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline;
- Due to the security requirements for this position US Citizenship is required;
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Bachelors and 3+ years of experience in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline;
- Masters of Science in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline;
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above;
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Familiarity with wind tunnel operational principles.
- Familiarity with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) methods.
- Understanding of project management concepts (budgets scheduling etc).
- Experience with data acquisition signal conditioning and instrumentation.
- Ability to read interpret and manage engineering plans and specifications.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and manage abstract and concrete variables.
Calspan Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.