Quality Inspector Aerospace Featured
- Meriden, Connecticut
- Job ID
Quality Inspector Aerospace job at CareerBuilder US in Meriden CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Quality Inspector your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Perform receiving in-process final inspection and test activities to evaluate parts and materials to determine compliance with companies customer and/or aerospace specifications.
Plan a perform complex receiving in-process and final inspection activities to:
- Formed metal parts
- Machined metal parts
- Raw materials
- Assemblies and Sub-assemblies
Verify that order documentation (purchase orders specifications standards and blueprints) are current.
Maintain required inspection/test records and complete AGC and customer documents and certifications.
Identify and report non-conforming materials improper operations and unusual process or product conditions.Maintain work area and inspection/test equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of aerospace industry.
- Ability to read complex blueprints
- General understanding of metal machining and fabrication practices.
- Superior abilities in mechanical inspection techniques. CMM and/or articulating arm (FARO or similal) experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior math abilities coinciding with attention to detail.
Some technical school preferred
Minimum 3 years aerospace experience.
Location: Meriden CT
Please include a clean copy of your resume salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
- Maintain inspection software for inspection process
- Create inspection reports including inspection images
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Maintain quality records of inspection
- Prepare post-inspection reports outlining inspection findings and detailing inspection results
- Perform product or process inspection utilizing standardized inspection methods
- Filing/storage of inspection samples and inspection documentation
- Implement a new quality inspection process
- Solve inspection problems encountered in process inspection and testing
- Maintain all inspection records relating to individual inspection activities
- Reporting assist manufacturing in inspection and inspection training
- Receiving inspection equipment validation (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Develop and adhere to inspection schedule and inspection quality controls
- Complete all test/inspection documentation
- Assist with the final inspection
- Use mechanical inspection expertise and inspection tools/equipment to perform required inspections of parts and assemblies
- Perform incoming inspection on all components
- Writing and preparing inspection reports regarding inspection and testing results
- Perform all inspection testing functions
- Create receipt inspection plans and checklists for each inspection
CareerBuilder US Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.