Aerospace Engineer Featured
- Bensalem, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Aerospace Engineer job at CareerBuilder US in Bensalem PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
A privately owned AS9100 certified Aerospace Company specializing in the fabrication of metal bonded and sheet metal assemblies is seeking a full time manufacturing/process engineer.
In this position you will review customer drawings specifications and/or models using CATIA to convert them for manufacturing; develop manufacturing plans for parts and assemblies create visual work instructions collaborate with our customers engineering team to resolve technical issues and to ensure that we meet our customers quality and delivery requirements. You will also provide full shop support to address and resolve manufacturing questions and non-conformances.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft manufacturing. Experience with CATIA V5 reading customer drawings parts lists specifications and familiarity with MRP/ERP is ideal. Working knowledge of metal bonding sheet metal manufacturing is preferred.
Effective respectful communication skills across all departments and manufacturing shop floor is essential as well.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand walk use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and shop environment
- Eye protection necessary while working on shop floor
- Masks required throughout
- Some heavy lifting due to the movement of parts and check fixtures
- Coordinate activities of testing aerospace products
- Develop engineering solutions for aerospace components repair and services
- Defining and coordinating executions of aerospace engine related development projects
- Coordinate the design and testing of aircraft and aerospace products
- Develop product drawings bills of materials and design documentation
- Resolve issues that arise during the design development and testing processes
- Assist software engineering in creation of aircraft-specific configuration files
- Define test requirements for system verification and coordinate testing
- Assist with the design of tooling and test equipment
- Provide total aerostructures solutions to the domestic and international aerospace markets
- Coordinate track and support development and flight hardware build and test
- Extract and compile engineering data
- Maintain functional test procedures to test the IRPS sub-system as installed on the aircraft
- Assess aircraft performance flight characteristics and mechanical systems and ensure that design specifications and airworthiness requirements are met
- Conducting the technical aspects of engineering projects
- Provide project lead support system test and integration and field test support for actuation and attitude control systems
- Direct and coordinate activities of engineering or technical staff designing fabricating modifying or testing of aircraft or aerospace products
- Participate in related LVIC technical reviews and support discipline analysis working group meetings
- Witnessing test plans determination of flight envelope restrictions and analysis of flight strain
- Provide cognizance to production flows and process improvements
CareerBuilder US Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.