Experienced Avionics Technician Urgent
- Aiken, South Carolina
- Hourly $20.00 - $32.00
- Job ID
Experienced Avionics Technician job at Carolina Turbine Support in Aiken SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Carolina Turbine Support is currently looking for an Experienced Avionics Technician.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, test, removes and replaces avionics and instrument wiring and systems installed in various air frames using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials. Orders necessary parts to complete the job.
- Enters description of work completed on the work order and properly documents removal and installation of aircraft parts and components according to approved data and Carolina Turbine Support approved procedures.
- Ability to bench test and identify discrepancies in avionics, instrument components and systems removed from aircraft.
- Fabricate drawings and standard practice wire bundles and assemblies to include the marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
- Be able to work within budgeted and estimated times.
- Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other technical documents.
- Properly utilize and maintain hand tools and test equipment to perform repairs and installations.
- Be knowledgeable about FAA regulations
- Minimum 3 years General Aviation avionics experience.
- Experience in the field, ability to read, interpret, and follow wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts lists
- Must possess excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with efficiency and accuracy in work ethic
- Must be able to work both in a small team environment and also unsupervised
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adapt to constantly changing work assignments
- Familiarity with Garmin products highly preferred
Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
Be able to stand for long periods of time, work in confined aircraft interiors
Be able to bend, grasp, sit, pull, push, stoop, and stretch
Must have full color vision and visual acuity with or without corrective lenses
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Must be able to pass random alcohol and drug tests
Must be able to travel independently to and from the workplace
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Carolina Turbine Support Company Overview
Carolina Turbine Support (CTS), located on the field at the Aiken Municipal Airport (KAIK) in Aiken, South Carolina, has over 30 years of experience in supporting the Mitsubishi MU-2 Turboprop aircraft. As an authorized Mitsubishi MU-2 Service Center, we offer expanded maintenance, avionics, and interior capabilities to MU-2 owners in the Southeastern United States, in addition to handling your MU-2 part and accessory requirements. Our expanded staff of certified technicians has extensive experience working on the MU-2 series aircraft and TPE331 engines, and our facility is equipped with specialized tooling designed to keep labor costs to a minimum. Carolina Turbine Support is also a well established avionics shop, a Garmin, L3, Mid Continent Dealer as well as a distribuitor for FDS, Sandel, Aspen, S-Tec, Century and Avidyne. With capabilities to work on aircraft that range from mid size jets to single engine piston aircraft. Experience Aiken's Southern Hospitality as you visit historic downtown Aiken with its unique and sundry shops and sample southern and international cuisine at a variety of local dining establishments. Experience Aiken's world-renowned equestrian events. Enjoy excellent fishing on close-by, beautiful Lake Thurmond for some of the best striper/hybrid fishing in the southeast. If you're in the mood to hit the links, Aiken is home to many golf courses including the Aiken Golf Club, one of Aiken's oldest and finest courses, which is only minutes away from CTS. Aiken's proximity to Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah, and Ashville, lends itself to an easy day or overnight trip to these famous southern cities.