UH60 Aircraft Mechanic III Featured
- Ft Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania
- Annual Salary $60,000.00 - $120,000.00
- Job ID
UH60 Aircraft Mechanic III job at Cherokee Nation Businesses in Ft Indiantown Gap PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Provide support for Maintenance Test Flight (MTF), Functional Check Flights (FCF) and recovery of aircraft at remote location to include riding as a passenger in the aircraft to perform maintenance as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Maintain aircraft during the following maintenance situations (I.E daily flight operations, daily-unscheduled maintenance, Back shop support, Phase maintenance, and all SOF and AMAM message requirements).
- Maintain all historical records IAW DA Pam 738-751 for aircraft.
- Maintain AOAP logs for all oil samples taken from aircraft assigned IAW DA Pam 738-751.
- Maintain Technical Manuals libraries to ensure all changes are posted and it is current and up to date.
- Maintain the SOF and AMAM for aircraft assigned to ensure the requirements are logged and completed IAW the appropriate SOF or AMAM.
- Perform Weight and Balance requirements IAW the appropriate Maintenance Manuals and IAW DA Pam 738-751.
- Monitor all inspection requirements on the aircraft DA Form 2408-18 are being completed and updated properly.
- Inspect all maintenance IAW appropriate Maintenance Manuals (I.E. Technical Manual(TM) AVUM Level, DEPOT Level's, MEC's, Safety of Messages (SOF), AMAM messages).
- Inspect the rigging, adjustment, and track & balance aircraft systems IAW appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely manner.
- Assist in diagnosing and troubleshoot deficiencies affecting aircraft flyable conditions IAW appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely manner.
- Inspect and maintain aircraft maintenance records IAW DA Pam 738-751 in the ULLS-A system. To include the following modules: aircraft logbook module, back shop module, phase module.
- Inspect that all maintenance is properly performed and documented IAW DA Pam 738-751, Quality Assurance requirements, TMs, MECs, SOF, AMAMs, and all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Perform inspections to ensure the research is completed with the appropriate maintenance manuals and the ordering of repair parts in ULLS-A supply module required for completing maintenance is IAW appropriate maintenance manuals.
- Ensure turned in parts to supply have proper documentation IAW DA Pam 738-751.
- Ensure mechanics are using general Aviation standards for tool usages during the performance of all maintenance procedures.
- Ensure common and special tools are in safe and serviceable condition per general aviation standards.
- Train all mechanics in the following: procedures, policies, day to day operations, ULLS-A system aircraft logbook, back shop, phase modules.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to train mechanics to improve their abilities.
- Daily monitor all assigned aircraft and logbooks to ensure all maintenance issues are being addressed.
- Daily monitor logbook discrepancies to ensure remarks blocks have appropriate 72 hour delay requirements meet.
- Ensure 2410 components have proper paperwork IAW DA Pam 738-751 before being installed on aircraft and before being turned in to supply.
- Report all Personal Safety, Aircraft Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, and customer concerns to Management immediately.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- I.E. Military/Aviation Tech School Training.
- FAA A&P License required (not required with documented QC TI experience)
- Minimum of 2 Years Quality inspector experience.
- UH-60 Blackhawk experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work overtime and possibly on short notice.
- Must pass Pre-Employment Physical. To include a drug screen.
- Must be able to work inside and outside in all environmental conditions day, night, sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, cold climate and hot climate.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Position typically works in a combination of an outdoor and office setting. Duties typically involve managing multiple priorities, handling interruptions, deadlines and other work pressures.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster | EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English | EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English | FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion participa en E-Verify. E-Verify Participation Poster
Apply online or send resumes to email@example.com
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Cherokee Nation Businesses Company Overview
Cherokee Nation Aerospace & Defense is a contract manufacturer and integrator of electro-mechanical assemblies, including distribution, kitting and the manufacturing of cable and wire harness assemblies. The CNAD manufacturing team is experienced with projects that require expertise in medium to complex integration of ground support, test, flight hardware and armament systems. CNAD is ISO9000:2000 and AS 9100 certified and can serve as a prime contractor on Department of Defense contracts or as a sub-contractor to large aerospace primes. CNAD has the unique ability to team with other Cherokee owned tribal companies or partner with other companies to accommodate large complex contract opportunities. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNAD is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.