Sr Solutions Developer Featured
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Sr Solutions Developer job at Cirrus Aircraft in Knoxville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Cirrus Aircrafts Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation quality and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet the worlds first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984 the company has redefined performance comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System (CAPS) - the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at www.cirrusaircraft.com.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilots license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
The successful individual will have strong understanding of solution architecture practices software development lifecycle integration principles and software tools; be able to build and maintain relationships with business partners; and have critical design thinking skills used to deliver technically sound solutions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
Under minimal supervision the Senior Solutions Developer will:
- Design solutions in alignment with existing architectural and solution standards.
- Maintain and update existing documentation where available author new documentation as required.
- Deploy updates improvements and build new or modify existing functionality as required by project initiatives and in accordance with approved business requirements.
- Design and develop solutions using programming best practices required to support the Information Technology roadmap.
- Design and develop data integrations and functional links between enterprise application software systems (CRM LMS ERP MES and MRO) required to support the Information Technology roadmap.
- Act as escalated support resource collaborate with co-workers and/or manage vendor support resources to allow end users to use technology solutions efficiently.
- Learn new systems and cross-train team members as required in support of a DevOps model.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated competence in the planning design build and maintenance of enterprise software solutions ETL APIs and web services databases COTS SaaS cloud and on prem complex software systems and implementations.
- Familiarity with DevOps processes a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new systems and technologies.
- Successful working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one small and large groups or among diverse styles and position levels
- Familiar with application development standards and software development lifecycle
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in computer science or related field combined with equivalent technical experience
- Must have 10+ years of development experience with enterprise or web-based application development systems integration and ETL development experience in a multi-site enterprise environment
- Experience with data base technology such as PostgreSQL MS SQL Server MongoDB
- Experience with Cloud Computing environments such as Azure Heroku
- Experience working with Agile methodology and teams
- Ability to effectively apply research problem solving analytical and critical design thinking skills
- Ability to collaboratively gather business requirements create design documents provide effort estimates and provide appropriate project plans as part of delivering solutions
- Ability to self-lead and collaborate with others on the design coding testing debugging and deploying new and existing software applications
- Ability to effectively influence build relationships with key stakeholders and deliver presentation materials across all levels of the organization
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Tech Savvy: Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications. This competency includes being effective in translating business requirements into technical solutions delivered through software development cycle best practices.
- Manage Complexity: Makes sense of complex high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. This competency includes the ability to sort through complex code conflicting test results and other data points required to produce defect free software solutions.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. This competency includes keeping the level of information shared appropriate for the audience and includes managing discussions with business partners sharing details with technical co-workers and being able to share technical information with non-technical people.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Self-Development: Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Work beyond 40 hours per week may be required.
This opportunity is located in Duluth Minnesota or Knoxville Tennessee.
As the home to our corporate headquarters Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted "Best Town" by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities including bicycle and snowmobile trails kayaking rock climbing fishing hiking golfing sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area Cirrus Aircraft was recently named "Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland" and "Best Workplace Culture" by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Chosen as the location for our Vision Center Campus the hub of our customer experience activities Knoxville is often described as a hidden gem. Surrounded by the Smoky Mountains and home to the rambling Tennessee River the town offers a plethora of outdoor activities and a vibrant downtown. Very few places feature the opportunity to experience live music culture outdoor adventures and acclaimed cuisine in one location. Its no wonder why Knoxville was recently named as a "Top 10 Destination on the Rise" by Trip Advisor.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race sex national origin color age disability religion pregnancy veteran status marital and family status sexual orientation receipt of public assistance genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Cirrus Aircraft Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.