- Aurora, Oregon
- Job ID
Finishes Technician job at Columbia Helicopters Inc in Aurora OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
FINISHES TECHNICIAN: Properly clean, mask, prepare, sand and paint, aircraft parts and articles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
• Inspect composite rotor blades for damage to include cracks, voids and de-bonds using visual examination or acoustic techniques
• Properly handle, mask, sand, prepare for paint, and paint all aircraft components and articles including rotor blades.
• Proper handling and application of chemicals and chemical agents used in the stripping and painting processes.
• Seal, prepare, mask, paint and re-paint aircraft rotor blades and rotor blades repairs.
• Document all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records.
• Maintain work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practice proper tool and FOD control.
• Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE -
• High school diploma or equivalent required; further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is desirable
• Performed aircraft maintenance experience in a FAR Part 145 repair station environment or field maintenance experience preferred
• Requires 3+ years’ painting and surface treatment experience
• Experience in proper application and repair of epoxy primers and polyurethane paint
• Experience in mechanical paint stripping, proper masking techniques and proper paint preparation processes
• Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment
• Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
• Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
• Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally or in remote locations as needed for customer support
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
To apply for this position, please go to www.colheli.com, click on the About/Careers tab, then the red Current Positions button, and click on the job you want to apply for.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check is required for all positions. Position is opened until filled.
Columbia Helicopters is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Columbia Helicopters Inc Company Overview
Since our founder purchased his first helicopter in 1957, weve been leading the way in heavy-lift helicopter operations. We are innovators of this industry, always working to expand our capabilities and improve our level of service, so when you do business with us, you know youre getting the best. We operate a fleet of the most versatile helicopters in global operations, supporting our aircraft out of our own full-service onsite facility in northwest Oregon. These capabilities and our operational experience allow us to confidently offer world-class maintenance and repair services to our customers, onsite or on location.