Gulfstream 650 Lead Captain Urgent
- White Plains, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Gulfstream 650 Lead Captain job at Corporate Wings in White Plains NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Lead Captain is the face of Corporate Wings providing not only technically accurate and safe transportation but also providing a world-class service experience for the Owner and their guests.
The Lead Captain is expected to effectively wear many hats resulting in a concierge service level experience with roles ranging from professional aviator to in-flight service provider. This position is a dedicated crew position, flying the same Gulfstream 650. He/she will follow an on-demand schedule operating approximately 250 hours a year.
The Lead Captain is expected to live by Corporate Wings three fundamental principles: Employees are the foundation of a service organization; fanatical attention to detail; and we ask everyone to make their decisions with long term relationships in mind.
- Required to manage duty schedules, approve monthly expense reports, conduct annual performance evaluations, and manage training schedules for other crew members.
- Work with assigned Client Service Manager to stay updated regarding aircraft schedule changes or other matters that may affect the scheduling of aircraft and crew.
- Interact with additional flight crew or personnel to coordinate team action, identify areas of opportunity, answer questions/share information, as well as foster and promote employee goodwill.
- Mentor and counsel crew, striving to maximize their potential.
- Solicit Corporate Wings input and/or approval for all operational, personnel, and administrative issues or anticipated needs for pilot relief.
- Oversee maintenance events and remain in contact with the Owner and Corporate Wings.
- Coordinate all maintenance test, training and other flights not initiated by client’s normal scheduling protocol.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of assigned flight schedules, and adherence to all regulatory and manufacturer’s rules and guidelines.
- Greet Owners and their guests pre-flight, make introductions and brief them on the specific flight/trip and verify itinerary/provide passengers with weather updates and safety briefings and explain any changes to itinerary.
- Act as a liaison for Owners/ passengers and Corporate Wings from the time the Owners/passengers arrive at the FBO until they have safely landed at their destination and have departed the final FBO.
- Must deliver as needed, in-flight service including the handling of alcohol and the service of catering as well as the proper loading and stowing of all baggage.
- Other duties as assigned depending on assignment.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in training and leadership of flight operation teams
- G650 type rating required
- Must have a US ATP License
- 5,000 total flight hours minimum, of which 2,000 hours as a PIC
- Must be able to pass First Class Medical
- NBAA Certified Aviation Manager certification, a plus
- FAA A/P or Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license a plus
OTHER ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide
· Must reside within 3 hours of KHPN
- Required to work varying hours including day and night; weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Able to manage rest in order to always be prepared for flight duty during their tour.
- Service-oriented with a neat, well-groomed appearance and a demonstrated ability to make a positive impression including a strong capability to effectively interact with passengers.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make quick and accurate decisions while paying close attention to detail, both technically and from a passenger-service perspective.
Corporate Wings Company Overview
Corporate Wings was launched as an aircraft management company and fixed base operation nearly 40 years ago and serves as the foundation for the Directional Aviation Portfolio. Corporate Wings is proud to be the worldâ€™s first managed aircraft company that focuses on super-mid and large cabin aircraft for private and business travel. With nearly four decades of experience, Corporate Wings has established the brightest and most capable group of professionals in the industry. The talented team, combined with industry-leading technology infrastructure, is uniquely positioned to handle every aspect of modern aircraft operations. Corporate Wings is proud to provide direct access and leverage a variety of services from other business aviation companies, under the Directional Aviation portfolio. With our vast experience and dynamic aircraft access, Corporate Wings is truly the best solution for FAA Part 135 and Part 91 Flight Operations, regulatory compliance, flight crew staffing, maintenance, scheduling and dispatching, and effective operational cost control.