Program Manager I Aerospace Featured
- Elyria, Ohio
- Job ID
Program Manager I Aerospace job at Crane in Elyria OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Crane Aerospace and Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. Youll find Crane Aerospace and Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
Our Elyria siteoffers a variety of fluid management solutions including positive displacement pumpsand centrifugal pumps. We draw on years of experience to precisely match our products to customer specifications and preferences.
Program Managers provide leadership and management of cross functional business technical andoperations teams while assuming accountability for overall success of assigned product developmentprograms. Program management responsibilities extend from customer proposal to programinception through the successful transition to production processing after completion ofqualification testing / certification compliance and production readiness reviews. Program success ismeasured by customer satisfaction of the development process and technical solutionaccomplishment of schedule milestones and adherence to recurring and non-recurring cost targets.
- Proposal Review
- Review and evaluate technical and business aspects of customer requests for proposalsand / or change requests
- Support and lead elements of customer bid packages and internal projectappropriation requests including coordination and review of statement of worktechnical proposal requirements compliance engineering cost estimates and programschedules
- Program Planning
- Create monitor and update program plans in sufficient detail which define therequired processes / activities of various functional groups to achieve customerdefined milestones / deliverables within Crane process guidelines
- Lead manage and motivate Integrated Product Teams (IPT) through effectiveutilization of personnel assigned to the project from all functional groups within thecompany
- Coordinate sufficient in-house product reviews with various functional groups toensure product designs are manufacturable and meet cost targets while satisfyingcustomer specifications
- Develop and ensure adherence to standard processes and procedures throughout allphases of the program
- Coordinate with supply chain and operations team members to facilitate the newproduct introduction process and ensure program hardware delivery requirementsmeet customer and program needs
- Customer Coordination
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers through frequentoral and written communication
- Coordinate customer required technical and program progress reviews
- Scope Management
- Proactively manage project scope to ensure only what was agreed to is delivered
- Ensure changes in scope are thoroughly documented and approved through astandardized change management process
- Cost Management
- Monitor and control program costs associated with non-recurring engineering activitiesduring the Design and Development phases of the program
- Maintain project team focus on the initial business model and design to cost targetsrelated to recurring product cost
- Schedule Management
- Develop and maintain a detailed resource loaded program schedule
- Ensure all stakeholders understand the program schedule
- Prioritize resources and tasks to drive key milestone adherence
- Identify track manage and assist in resolving program issues
- Identify manage and assist in mitigation of program risks (technical schedule andcost) through a standardized risk management process
- Transition To Production
- Facilitate a complete and orderly transition of the product from the programsengineering design and development phase to full scale production through astandardized production readiness review process
- Metrics and Progress Reviews
- Proactively disseminate project information to stake holders (core team leadershipteam and customers) by defining collecting data for and presenting program metricsin a standardized program review / audit process. Metrics should be centered aroundprogram schedule costs and completion of program deliverables
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Experience: 2 + years experience in Program Management or related project managementtype position.
- Knowledge: Program Management philosophies and processes. Possess sufficient technicalaptitude to understand design and production processes relate to Crane A&E products.
- Skills/Abilities: Basic Leadership Skills Results Focus Customer Service Orientation ActionOrientation Planning and Organizing Teamwork and Cooperation Business Acumen DecisionMaking Skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Project and other PC based office tools.
- Education/Certification: BS degree in Engineering or technical discipline.
- Some experience in a technical field preferred preferably aerospace
- MBA or comparable advanced management degree
- Formal training in Program and / or Systems Management (PMI or equivalent)
Special Work Conditions:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
Crane Aerospace and Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex gender identity sexual orientation age disability military status or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal state or applicable local law.
Crane Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.