Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Field Service Technican III Bath ME
Field Service Technician III
• DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products services and support to military forces intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology we develop manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington VA the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS please visit our website atwww.drs.com.
• DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee WI Bridgeport/Danbury CT Fitchburg MA and High Ridge MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface Submarines Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
• Upper-level technical position requiring skilled electrical and mechanical troubleshooting assembly and operational expertise and proven customer service skills. Service work may include but is not limited to performing independent maintenance repairs modification equipment setup and testing and training of customer representatives at remote worksites with little or no direct supervision. This position requires permanent location at customer site but also involves frequent travel to various production and test facilities where DRS products are manufactured and serviced.
•• Conduct repairs and/or modifications to equipment using engineering assembly drawings blueprints schematics a variety of hand tools computer aided interfaces and test equipment.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve equipment issues utilizing drawings operational characteristics and technical documentation.
• Complete stage testing of DRS equipment with direct oversight by customer by following written instructions to include test equipment set up performance of test documentation of results and restoration of equipment upon completion.
• Possess excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work variable shifts to meet internal project and remote customer schedule with up to 12 hour shifts when necessary.
• Exhibit mature independent judgment with little or no direct supervision.
• Effectively communicate through written and verbal reports to customer and direct supervision regarding worksite status.
• Train or assist other employees as required.
• Supervise small technical teams.
• Perform majority of duties independent of direct supervision.
• High School Diploma or GED with 10+ years experience Associates in Engineering/Technical discipline degree with 5+ years work experience or equivalent experience of direct relevance to duties and responsibilities on Shipboard Systems with 6+ years.
• Methodical documentation skills with the ability to provide accurate complete and timely technical service reports.
• Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Work history of proven technical skills.
• Computer proficiency with MS Office application experience including Word Excel and PowerPoint; detailed understanding and use of database technologies helpful.
• Must be able and willing to travel.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee requires normal manual dexterity speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment. DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race color religion creed gender national origin age disability genetic information marital or veteran status or any other category protected by federal state or local law. #JS #NPS
Field Service Technican III job at DRS Technologies
Apply for this Field Service Technican III Bath ME position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.