Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Field Service Representative Rep III Field Service
Rock Island, IL
Rock Island IL
Field Service Representative – Rep III Field Service
••Position Summary –
• The ASC network has deployed systems providing services to users located primarily in Kuwait Afghanistan and the Continental United States (CONUS). The ASC mission also includes global locations for unit training and other short-duration missions including humanitarian missions. The deployable systems are either transit cased or housed within environmentally controlled ISU-90 shelters and provide NIPRNET SIPRNET secure and non-secure VoIP and secure and non-secure VTC services. The Contractor provides the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) network engineering and monitoring Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) cable infrastructure Communications Security (COMSEC) computer baseline network and email administration VoIP Call Manager help desk and IA for deployed ASC users. In addition the ASC inventory of deployable VSATs currently includes an additional 20 VSAT satellite communication systems at-the-ready that deploy by direction of the operational commander. The ASC MMCS Team Lead will be the focal point for all of the above ongoing contingencies training missions to include tailoring of systems build-out of systems support and training for all ASC missions. Due to the broad scope and expertise required to tailor and integrate the equipment to fit a mission with the smallest possible footprint the individual requires intimate knowledge and detail on all of the associated INOC communication equipment. The position also requires knowledge of intermediate networking satellite systems admin and basic IA.
•Duties and Responsibilities
•• Designs develops tests and evaluates networks or network infrastructure and applies knowledge of IA policies controls and regulations. Performs analyses of system operations.
• Applies knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components.
• Conducts fault detection isolation and correction of hardware systems and individual components or cable infrastructure.
• Duties may include routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; and cable infrastructure installation and maintenance.
• Provides technical training and assistance to junior level personnel.
• May supervise other personnel
• Support all Field Service Activities
• Setup and support demonstrations Support DRS equipment in operating environments at depots training sites and customer field operations with training operation or repair
• Ability to lead a technical group independently
• Provide budget cost and schedule input for design assignments
• Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
• Participates in preparation of proposals
• Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
• Support communicate reinforce and defend the mission values and culture of the organization
• Attend appropriate engineering customer or business meetings
• This position with require travel 25-50% of the time both CONUS and OCONUS.
•• Bachelor’s degree Six additional years of related experience may substitute for the degree requirement
• Four years’ experience
• Experience should include five of the following areas: system operations engineering design installation repair analysis Quality Assurance troubleshooting or installation and repair of telecommunications systems and infrastructure to applicable military and I3MP standards
• May be required to meet requirements of 8570.01M
• Experience with mobile satellite equipment IP Networks and desktop support.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current passport.
• Must have Security + with CE or other DoD 8570 IAT-II Certification.
• Candidates with a Secret Clearance required.
• Additional Desirable Skills and Knowledge
•• May be required to process through CRC for deployment.
• Experience with VSAT terminals iDirect Active Directory Cisco Switches and Routers
• Experience in deployed conditions.
•• Ability to lift 50 pounds team lift 100 pounds.
• Work takes place in a warehouse environment: lifting bending stooping kneeling climbing may all be required on a regular basis.
•DRS Technologies Inc.
• DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products services and support to military forces intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology we develop manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington VA the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS please visit our website at www.drs.com.
• DRS Global Enterprise Solutions Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data voice and video applications over integrated satellite terrestrial and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering installing operating and maintaining innovative low-risk and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military commercial and relief efforts at home and around the globe. DRS Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race color religion creed gender national origin age disability genetic information marital or veteran status or any other category protected by federal state or local law. #CA #CS
Field Service Representative Rep III Field Service job at DRS Technologies
Apply for this Field Service Representative Rep III Field Service position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.