Chief Pilot Featured
- Buffalo, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Chief Pilot job at Delaware North in Buffalo NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
We're searching for an experienced Pilot to join our team at Delaware North as Chief Pilot. Our ideal candidate is an experienced leader and manager, has at least 5,000 hours of turbine time, and a First-Class FAA Medical Certificate. Based out of our hangar in Buffalo, NY, you'll use your skills to lead a team of five pilots in the safe transport of our clients, executives, and associates when needed. You'll be responsible for providing safe, efficient, and effective flight operations and developing and implementing standard operating procedures for the team.
- Reviews and implements training programs and plans for all pilots.
- Responsible for the safe conduct of assigned flights; ensures compliance with approved operational safety practices; serves as pilot in charge of company aircraft on a regular basis.
- Leads the flight team while maintaining a high level of client service related to interaction with executive team, scheduling, and maintenance teams resulting in an excellent client experience; develops performance objectives for direct reports, monitors and coaches performance issues and develops and implements strategies to address performance deficiencies.
- Solves crew interaction problems and brings all crew members together to work as a team.
- Assist the Director in the preparation and monitoring of the annual department budget including the review and approval of invoices, expense reports, and department expenses.
- Assures safe flight operations at all times by establishing, monitoring, and effectively implementing SOPs by all crew members and ensures compliance.
- Collaborates with Aviation Director and Safety Director to promote SMS programs and ensures compliance with approved operational safety practices.
- Creates, implements, and monitors Pilot Training Program to ensure pilot proficiency and currency. Ensures compliance with federal aviation safety standards and safety of passengers and crew.
- Keeps the Aviation Department Director apprised of flight operations.
- Exhibits integrity in all interactions resulting in confident and effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain high morale within the flight department.
- High School degree required.
- Five years management experience or equivalent.
- ATP Pilot Certificate required.
- Possesses a First-Class FAA Medical Certificate.
- At least 5,000 hours turbine time.
- Experience with Flight Standardization, Training Programs, SMS program, and ISBAO.
- Supervisory experience including hiring, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Possesses knowledge of the content of the Flight Operations Manual and Training Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, the provisions of Title 14 of the CFRs standards.
- Ability to acquire and/or maintain all FAA and flight qualifications and certifications.
- Ability to participate and succeed in aviation leadership courses at the University of Virginia, Georgia State University, etc.
- Valid US Passport.
- Relocation to Buffalo is required.
- Overnight travel is required.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.