Passenger Service Agent Ua Hot
- Monroe, Louisiana
- Job ID
Passenger Service Agent Ua job at Delta Global Services in Monroe LA
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Assist passengers with a smile and friendly face through arrival and check-in processes; including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance.
- Handle all aspects of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized system boarding baggage service reservations and resolving related complaints and problems.
- Direct passengers through Customs Immigration and Quarantine.
- Assist Ramp Service Agents to ensure that wheelchairs strollers and gate-checked bags are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival.
- Operate equipment to include the jet way computer keyboards and carrier-specific reservation/ ticketing software.
- Push wheelchairs with wheelchair-bound airline passengers through all areas of the airport including terminal and gate areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned within the appropriate skill and experience capabilities expected for this position.
- Must be a local (in-state) resident.
- Valid In-State Driver s License.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass up to a 10-year background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must complete ramp and SIDA training to obtain airport authority identification security.
No prior experience necessary. Must be open minded and ready to work as part of a detail-oriented team.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to type and or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet the requirements of the role.
- Able to understand documents learn and follow ticketing procedures and other rules and regulations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- One+ year of relevant experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to meet tight time restrictions.
You will need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts including nights weekends holidays and overtime. We operate in a shift bid environment.
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment.
- Enjoy the outdoors on a daily basis (sun rain sleet or snow!) May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions jet and machinery noises fumes dirt and dust for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift / carry / push / pull and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be able to walk climb bend kneel crawl and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places.
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jet way stairs.
Unifi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Delta Global Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.