Airplane Pilot helicopter Pilot supervisory Airplane Flight Instructor Featured
- Buckley Afb, Colorado
- Job ID
Airplane Pilot helicopter Pilot supervisory Airplane Flight Instructor job at Department of Defense in Buckley Afb CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes you must reapply.
This position will support the Federal Governments response efforts to COVID-19.
Learn more about this agency
- GS-12: Operate aircraft as a fully qualified mission-ready pilot in unit type aircraft.
- GS-12: Accomplish mission planning and briefing aircraft inspections and checklists and mission forms and associated paper work.
- GS-12: Represent the unit by participating in discussions meetings or serves on panels or committees.
- GS-13 (Pilot): Conduct training for the upgrade of unqualified active duty and/or Reserve aircrew members and proficiency training for qualified Active Duty Reservists and Air Reserve Technician (ART) personnel.
- GS-13 (Pilot): Analyze and interpret unit training objectives develop training program and train other aircrew such that the highest level of combat mission-ready proficiency of assigned crew members is maintained.
- GS-13 (Pilot): As required flies as an aircrew member in unit aircraft in support of the unit mission.
- GS-13 (Flight Instructor): Assist with planning organizing and overseeing the activities of the Operations Group and subordinate Reserve flying squadrons in conjunction with the Chief/Senior Air Reserve Technician (ART).
- GS-13 (Flight Instructor): Assist with management of a flying and ground training program for an organization.
- GS-13 (Flight Instructor): Assist with directing coordinating and overseeing work through subordinate supervisors.
- GS-14 (Flight Instructor): Direct all operations and maintenance training programs for the Squadron.
- GS-14 (Flight Instructor): Responsible for effective control and management of the organization?s Reserve Personnel Appropriation (RPA) and Military Personnel Appropriation (MPA) accounts.
- GS-14 (Flight Instructor): Implement flying and ground training requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
2181 Aircraft Operation
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours to include evenings weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- A security clearance may be required
- Disclosure of Political Appointments is required
GS-2181-12 (Airplane Pilot/Helicopter Pilot):
Applicant must possess a USAF Pilot rating hold a valid aviation service aeronautical order and have a minimum of 750 total military flight time in the organizations mission design series.
GS-2181-13 (Airplane Pilot/Helicopter Pilot):
Applicant must possess a USAF Pilot rating hold a valid aviation service aeronautical order and have a minimum of 1000 total military flight time in the organizations mission design series.
GS-2181-13 (Flight Instructor):
Applicant must possess two years of progressively responsible experience in a flying component of the U.S. military establishment in assignments that normally would qualify for progression into the position of Wing Operations and Training Officer or its equivalent.
Must possess a USAF Pilot rating hold a valid aviation service aeronautical order and have a minimum of 1200 total military flight time in the organizations mission design series.
GS-2181-14 (Flight Instructor):
Applicant must possess three years of progressively responsible experience in a flying component of the U.S. military establishment in assignments that normally would qualify for progression into the position of Wing Operations and Training Officer or its equivalent.
Must possess a USAF Pilot rating hold a valid aviation service aeronautical order and have a minimum of 1500 total military flight time in the organizations mission design series.
NOTE: Pilot hours as described above may include (Primary Secondary Instructor Evaluator Stimulator Student and other US Military and Foreign Military Time) in mission design series of organization of position being filled. You must submit an ATAFR-209 Form Flying History Report or any official document what shows your most recent flight (last date actively flown) total flight hours and type of aircraft flown. FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
These are Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications please call 1-800-###-####. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application.
A military service members statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate members separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by or by direction of the adjutant personnel officer or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin your rank dates of active duty service the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Individuals selected for ART positions must meet both civilian qualifications and uniformed military requirements. In addition to meeting civilian qualifications applicants must obtain military membership in the Air Force Reserve wear the uniform maintain job-specific military specialty requirements and meet other military qualifications such as age height weight and physical fitness standards. For more information click here and speak with an Air Force Reserve Recruiter.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.