Quality Assurance Specialist Hot
- Silverdale, Washington
- Job ID
Quality Assurance Specialist job at Department of Defense in Silverdale WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
Learn more about this agency
- You will perform root cause analysis to assist in identifying contributing factors when a procedural issue is identified that requires further clarification.
- You will verify requirements for packing packaging and preservation of accepted products are complied with.
- You will verify contractors and Government performance of manual and computerized operation and environment checks of electronic hydraulic and electromechanical systems.
- You will verify performance and results of non-destructive tests related to structural assemblies and other materials to determine conformance with standards specifications and requirements.
- You will report on quality levels found and deficiencies identified during inspection processes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
1910 Quality Assurance
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD) the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). You must be certified as a Career Field Production Quality and Manufacturing Level II. Certification is required within 24 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to qualify for inclusion into the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP).
GS-11: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: performing quality assurance audits and surveillances on missile systems; analyzing quality data; and identifying and recommending corrective actions on deficiencies.
GS-09: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: conducting technical reviews and surveillances on warfare systems or subsystems; analyzing quality data; and identifying and recommending corrective actions on deficiencies.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. professional philanthropic religious spiritual community student social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Education may be substituted for specialized experience as follows:
- successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or
- successful completion of three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree; or
- successful completion of an LL.M. degree that is related to the position being filled; or
- a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience
- successful completion of a masters or equivalent graduate degree; or
- successful completion of two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a masters degree; or
- successful completion of an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to the position being filled; or
- combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.