Theater Aerospace Operations Command And Control Officer 110 Wg Hot
- Battle Creek, Michigan
- Job ID
Theater Aerospace Operations Command And Control Officer 110 Wg job at Department of Defense in Battle Creek MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a THEATER AEROSPACE OPERATIONS COMMAND AND CONTROL OFFICER (110 WG) Position Description Number D1504P01 and is part of the MI 110 Airlift Wing National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in an the Air National Guard (ANG) Component Numbered Air Force (cNAF) Air Operations Group (AOG) Air Operations Squadron (AOS) Air Mobility Squadron (AMOS) and Air Support Squadron (ASUS). Its paramount purpose is to provide instruction to upgrade skills to obtain maximum performance on all aspects of the force-level Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) weapons system. In addition to training responsibilities incumbent performs administrative tasks in support of the Air Operations Group/Squadron. May oversee the work of 1-3 personnel in the AMOS for less than 25% of the overall work time. Due to the unique mission of the cNAF this PD cannot be used in any other organization.
- Administers refresher and advanced training to ANG military AOC weapons systems positional specialists.
- Interviews instructors pilots navigators air battle managers space operations specialists and other assigned AOC personnel to determine operational background in their respective weapons systems/specialties.
- Plans develops and presents comprehensive courses of instruction on AOC operations skills.
- Projects unit training requirements.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of a variety of specialties to include general and advanced knowledge of AOC assigned weapons systems U.S. and allied aircraft space weapons systems tactical employment of weapons systems search and rescue theater missile defense and air tasking order development and execution.
- Coordinates plans and executes Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) and Reachback operations.
- Briefs and instructs operations personnel on mission preparations including: combat effective mission execution.
- Incumbents of this position are subject to rotation to perform administrative tasks in any or all of the following Air Operations Squadron program support functional areas:
(a) Interface Control:
(b) Combat Plans:
(c) Combat Operations:
(d) Airspace Management:
(e) Strategy Exercise/Contingencies:
(f) AMD Airlift:
(g) AMD Air Refueling:
(h) May oversee the work of 1-3 personnel in the AMOS for less than 25% of the overall work time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
2101 Transportation Specialist
- Command And Control Officers
Officers Command And Control
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing states National Guard required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your own words. You may refer to position descriptions i.e. the general and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement to assist with describing work experiences; however resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered.
In your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed giving dates (months and years) of the experience position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position.
Military Grades: E7 - O3
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Your Resume must list some experience in each of these areas: Experience education or training interpreting explaining and/or applying a variety of regulations and procedures. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your Resume must show at least [ 36 ] months in each of the following areas: Must have at least 36 months experience education or training arranging or procuring transportation for personnel cargo or freight. Experience in non-routine pre and post auditing of freight bills bills of lading and personnel transportation vouchers. Experience coordinating and negotiating with organizations/personnel both orally and in writing to resolve differences/problems. For positions requiring supervisory functions; experience which included responsibility for the supervision and management of personnel.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience - Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in fields listed below leading to a bachelors degree in an accredited college or university meets the GS-5 level requirements. Education -Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting business administration business or commercial law commerce economics engineering finance industrial management statistics traffic management transportation motor mechanics or other fields related to the position. (creditable for 6 months of specialized experience)
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.