Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Featured
- Ft Bragg, North Carolina
- Job ID
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist job at Department of Defense in Ft Bragg NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
About the Position: This position serves as the Airfield Aviation Safety Specialist with responsibility for the development organization and execution of the Airfield Aviation Accident Prevention Program under the Directorate of Plans Training Mobilization and Security. This position is located at Fort Bragg North Carolina. Fort Bragg is co-located with Fayetteville North Carolina a culturally diverse city.
Learn more about this agency
- Conduct surveillance activities such as on-site audits and physical inspections of active work sites.
- Identify hazardous work conditions and recommending changes in methods equipment usage and protective clothing.
- Develop methods and techniques for hazardous identification and abatement to control or eliminate unsafe conditions on aircraft systems equipment facilities and organizations.
- Conduct safety training and professional development classes to promote safety awareness.
- Identify mishap casual factors and potentially unsafe practices and recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct hazard risks analysis and assign risk assessment codes to safety deficiencies.
- Evaluate the safety and occupational health practices of the organization by conducting inspections identifying strengths/weaknesses.
- Analyze new and existing jobs processes products or other systems to determine the existence severity probability and outcome of hazards.
- Analyze airfield driving testing requirements and certification ensuring effectiveness when conducted.
- Develop material schedule coordinate and conduct safety briefings/training classes for pre-accident plans and exercises.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
0018 Safety and Occupational Health Management
- Occupational Health And Safety Specialists
- Occupational Health Specialists
- Occupational Safety Specialists
- Specialists Occupational Health
Specialists Occupational Safety
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination as determined by a completed background investigation. Employee must possess or is able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Employee must possess and be able to maintain a valid state drivers license.
- Occasional TDY travel may be required.
- A pre-appointment physical is required.
- A pre-appointment drug test is required.
- This position is designated as an inclement weather position.
- This position may require the incumbent to work an irregular work schedule during an investigation that may include nights weekends and holidays.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: executing an airfield aviation accident prevention program; assessing safety compliance on flight aviation control and ground operations; conducting accident investigations ensuring corrective measures are taken to enhance accident prevention; developing aviation safety training materials and classes to promote safety awareness; provide guidance on advanced equipment and operations with respect to safety fire protection and environmental standards within an airfield environment. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Compliance Inspection and Program Management
- Data Analysis
- Risk Management
- Safety and Health Training and Education
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.