Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repairer Hot
- Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii
- Job ID
Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repairer job at Department of Defense in Wheeler Army Airfield HI
Description, duties, responsibilities
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER Position Description Number D1992000 and is part of the HI AASF 1 National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The purpose of this position is to provide control inspection and certification testing evaluation and maintenance or overhaul of Aviation Life Support Equipment (ALSE).
- Inspects tests certifies repairs assembles and maintains ALSE to include aircraft/aircrew electronic communications equipment and aircraft-oxygen related items aircraft modular survival system life preservers helicopter emergency egress devices first aid kits and microclimate cooling vests.
- Instructs crewmembers in all categories of ALSE. Instructs aircrew and other personnel such as aircraft maintenance personnel aircrew and non-aircrew members of other services and agencies in the care use theory of operation and capabilities of ALSE used in a variety of global environments.
- Certifies initial and continuation training of aircrew and other personnel. Certifies ALSE requirements for all missions; ensures aircraft are properly configured with proper types and numbers of ALSE dependent on destination and mission being flown. Complies with safety fire security and housekeeping regulations.
- Supervises instructs trains and certifies traditional Guard members on all facets of the aircrew life support career field; performs task evaluations and documents OJT records.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations inspections mobilization and command support exercises. Prepares Annual Budget analysis and projections for ALSE shop operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description (D1992000) located online on the FASCLASS website.
- Job family (Series)
4818 Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Repair
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing states National Guard required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Submit all documents/application NLT midnight Eastern Standard Time.
- Must be in the grade of E5 to E8.
If your resume does not include a narrative description of how you meet the GENERAL SPECIALIZED experiences and OTHER requirements you may lose consideration for this position. Ensure that the Questionnaire is completed on Application Manager.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of materials and equipment used in the line of work (helmets torso harness assemblies parachutes survival equipment). Ability to understand written instructions and to use reference materials and manuals.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have 18 months experience or training which has demonstrated knowledge of aviation life support equipment. Experience reading and interpreting military manuals. Experience in supply procedures and property accountability. Experience collecting information and presenting it to various sized groups. Experience in planning a functional shop maintenance program is essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is primarily in shops that are adequately lighted ventilated and heated. Occasional work outside may be necessary in extreme weather conditions. Hazards include eye respiratory and skin irritation from adhesives solvents silicones and epoxies oxygen oxidizers and lithium batteries. Frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts bruises punctures and abrasions from handling sharp tools and electrical shock when testing components. Subject to a moderate amount of noise and vibration from tools and machines.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work is usually completed while standing or sitting and may be for extended periods of time. Considerable stooping bending or kneeling is necessary as well as working in cramped areas and on ladders and scaffolds. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifts heavier items with assistance.
MILITARY TECHNICIAN COMPATIBILITY POSITION: Prior to placement in this position the selected applicant must be assigned to an appropriate military position and must meet the definition of a dual status technician in accordance with 32 U S C 709.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements your organization and its changing mission.
NOTES TO CANDIDATES:
a. Situations of inversion of military rank are not permitted i.e. a military technician may not be militarily senior to his or her full-time supervisor.
b. Authorization for payment of PCS expenses will be granted only after determination is made that payment is in the best interest of the Hawaii National Guard.
c. In addition to your application documents of last performance appraisal past civilian performance letter of recommendations and or military performance may be submitted.
d. Candidates may be screened and evaluated on military attributes directly related to the compatible military position required to be assigned into such as but not limited to military bearing leadership or ability to work with others (teamwork) in a military environment.
e. Include any volunteer work experience in your resume. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g. professional philanthropic religious spiritual community student social).
f. Final selection will be based upon qualifications suitability and available manpower resources.
g. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
h. Financial Suitability - It is the policy of the government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individuals employment experience will be used only to determine the persons qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge skills and abilities. Although an individuals personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
i. Candidates above the grade of E8 must include in their application the willingness to take a voluntary downgrade in order to be considered.
j. Qualified candidates in the second recruitment area will be referred if there are no qualified applicants in the first recruitment area.
k. Eligibles on this list will be given automatic consideration for position vacancies occurring during the six months period following the close of this announcement.
l. This position may involve arduous/hazardous duties. Placement maybe contingent upon successful completion of a medical examination or review/approval of a physical examination taken within six months.
m. Selectee may be scheduled for formal training at the Professional Education Center (PEC) within the first six months of employment. Unless there are extenuating circumstances failure to complete National Guard Bureau prescribed courses at PEC within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment to other full-time positions or termination of employment.
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.