Aircraft Engine Mechanic Featured
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Job ID
Aircraft Engine Mechanic job at Department of Defense in Sioux Falls SD
Description, duties, responsibilities
This National Guard position is for an AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC Position Description Number NGD1635000 and is part of 114 MAI SQ. This is a permanent Dual Status Title 32 position.
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
- Members of the South Dakota Air National Guard
- Any applicant eligible for membership in the South Dakota Air National Guard
Learn more about this agency
As an AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC WG-8602-10 you will:
This position is located in an Air National Guard Aviation Wing Maintenance Group Maintenance Squadron Propulsion Element (Jet Engine Intermediate Maintenance (JEIM) and the Hush House). The primary purpose of this position is to certify acceptable performance test repair trouble-shoot operationally check and modify aircraft turbine and auxiliary power units and associated propulsion system components.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
8602 Aircraft Engine Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected individual must be assigned to a compatible military position in the following AFSC upon date of hire: AFSC 2A6X1 which requires an aptitude of M56 and a physical profile of J333132. Aptitude scores can be checked on the vMPF or at the Customer Service in the Force Support Squadron and physical profile in the medical squadron. Military grade inversion within the full-time work force is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of personnel supervised.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training that has provided the ability to perform assembly and disassembly operations and make prescribed modifications to aircraft engines engine assemblies and accessories in accordance with technical specifications procedures and requirements. Experience using hand and power tools common to the trade.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 18 months experience in the KSAs listed below. Experience or training performing standard routine assembly and disassembly operations and making prescribed modifications to aircraft engines engine assemblies and accessories. Experience or training performing maintenance overhaul troubleshooting testing and repair of aircraft engines engine components and power trains for fixed and/or rotary wing aircraft. Experience determining maintenance needed from work orders inspection reports historical record and by own diagnosis.
Knowledge Skill and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a separate sheet(s) addressing the Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs) and how they relate to work experience education or training.
- Knowledge in identifying aircraft engine parts and components and how they function.
- Skill in detecting wear patterns of aircraft engine components.
- Skill in using and interpreting schematic diagrams and other technical publications.
- Knowledge of the isolation of engine problems by use of troubleshooting test equipment and instruments.
- Skill in conducting tests of repaired components.
- NOTE This announcement is open until filled not to exceed 3 May 2021. Applicants that have submitted all the required documents and meet the minimum qualifications will be referred for consideration on the first operational day of every month following the original 15 days of posting. Applications submitted prior to 9:59 p.m. MST on the cut-off date will receive consideration for certification. The following are the cut-off dates:
18 February 2021
1 March 2021
1 April 2021
3 May 2021
Department of Defense Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.