Aircraft Mechanic I Mwo Travel Team Featured
- Ft Hood, Texas
- Job ID
Aircraft Mechanic I Mwo Travel Team job at DynCorp International in Ft Hood TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Repairs replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures such as wings and fuselage and functional components including rigging surface controls and plumbing and hydraulic units using hand tools power tools machines and equipment such as shears sheet metal brake welding equipment rivet gun and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers and airlines maintenance manuals service bulletins technical data engineering data and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs 100-hour progressive isochronal phase periodic and other hourly or calendar inspections examines reciprocating engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks and listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions such as sticking or burnt valves inspects jet engines and components for cracks corrosion foreign object damage burned areas distortions security warping wear and missing segments.
- Inspects jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks distortion corrosion burn-out security or breaks tests engine operation using testing equipment such as ignition analyzer compression checker distributor timer ammeter and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester to locate source of malfunction.
- Work involves: replacing or repairing worn or damaged components such as carburetors alternators magnetos fuel controls fuel pumps oil pumps and engine mounted gearboxes and compressor bleed valves using hand tools gauges and testing equipment; removing engine from aircraft using hoist or forklift truck disassembling and inspecting parts for wear cracks security or other defects and repairing or replacing defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts repairs or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories performs preflight thru-flight and post-flight maintenance inspections performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including flushing crankcase cleaning screens and filters greasing moving parts and checking brakes.
- Supervises the jacking and towing of aircraft enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily may service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs short of overhaul required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition may specialize in work repair and modification of structural precision and functional spare parts and assemblies and may specialize in engine repair.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Knowledge of equipment related to individual requirements (UH-60 CH-47 AH-64 OH-58 etc).
- Knowledge of military publications (including electronic manuals) drawings blueprints microfilm diagrams and schematics is mandatory.
- Knowledge of military and/or company forms required by work specifications is a plus.
- Is required to climb stand stoop bend stretch crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position.
- Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds.
- Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in the field consistent with the requirements set forth in individual task orders.
- Completion of U.S. military tactical aircraft maintenance or U.S. military technical school is desired.
- Minimum of four years experience in maintenance modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components is required.
- Valid drivers license required.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Travel may vary from 10% up to 80% of the time depending on the site s requirements.
DynCorp International Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.