Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) is the only association that offers the fun and camaraderie of sharing the love of flying, building, and restoring recreational aircraft with the most passionate community of aviation enthusiasts. EAA annually hosts the AirVenture Fly-In at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The event is EAA's annual convention and draws more than 500,000 people and 10,000 aircraft.
The Sport Pilot Academy CFI, provides flight and ground instruction in accordance with Part 61, FAA regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations and EAA Policies, procedures and curriculum. Ensure that course standards, training requirements and objectives are met by each student. We want to create and further encourage safe, competent and proficient pilots. With this accelerated course our objective is to grow participation in aviation and spread the “Spirit of Aviation.” This opportunity is a 3 week contracted position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures that all flight lessons are completed according to the EAA Training Course Curriculum
2. Perform those flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations in accordance with the approved Training Course Curriculum
3. Responsible for accurately maintaining all appropriate records to include student training record, student logbook, computer records and all appropriate endorsements are made
4. Ensure that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by all assigned students
5. Monitor maintenance condition of the training aircraft, and inform EAA maintenance personnel of any questionable items
6. Providing flight/ground instruction to enrolled students while maintaining the highest level of safety and standards
7. Maintain clean, professional environment – both in the aircraft and on the EAA grounds
8. Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
9. All other duties as assigned
• Certified Flight Instructor – Airplane (CFI) required
• Current second-class medical certificate
• Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements
• Knowledge of an ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight
• Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced environment while exercising sound judgment at all times
• Currently enrolled in in an undergraduate or post-undergraduate degree program or hold bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Actively Instructing
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and background check.
EAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Please sign in to apply for this job.