Fpga Engineer Featured
- Endicott, New York
- Job ID
Fpga Engineer job at ENSCO in Endicott NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
In today s modern aerospace engineering environment a continuously increasing ratio of controls computing is being implemented using complex HDL-based programmable logic devices in order to produce faster smaller lighter control capabilities while increasing reliability.
Programmable HW components are being more and more frequently applied in both commercial and military aircraft and helicopter safety-critical systems. ENSCO engineers are using the latest tools with cutting edge techniques and technologies to support control system development and regulatory compliance that are fundamental to safe development and operation of these vehicles. We are always looking for the right people like you to help us do it.
Do you have experience with firmware development and want to be a part of this exciting team? ENSCO is looking for engineers experienced in developing HDL for complex programmable devices to the most rigorous safety standards. Our tasks are full life cycle including requirements and architecture development through reverse-engineering of HDL code and HDL review analysis and optimization. The design is verified using automated scripts with special test equipment and simulation software such as Questa. The design test cases and final documentation are controlled with configuration management tools such as Synergy Dimensions or SVN. Requirements and traceability are managed in DOORS.
If you have the skills experience and desire to join our talented team and contribute to the needs of today s modern aircraft we want to talk to you about this opportunity.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering Computer Engineering or an equivalent degree/experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the following:
- Experience generating or working with HDL requirements
- Experience with HDL code generation
- Experience with HDL simulation using ModelSim/Questa or similar toolset
- Familiar with the challenges of developing safety critical embedded firmware
- Familiar with DO-254 processes and means of compliance
- Experience writing HDL Functional requirements and defining requirements-based tests.
- Experience using IBM DOORS.
Internal Position Title
General Education/Years of Experience
Background Check Type
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Contract Award Contingency
- Annual education tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with 2.5% dollar-for-dollar company match in first year of employment and up to 6% company match thereafter
- Medical dental and vision insurance
- Spending Accounts FSA Dependent Care FSA and HSA
- Leave available for holidays bereavement jury duty military service family medical leave and as required by State law
- Paid Time Off
- 100% Company paid Employee Assistance Program and life disability accidental death and dismemberment business travel accident and professional liability insurance (employee only)
- Other voluntary programs including supplemental life auto and home insurance and legal program
- Computer purchase discount
- Recognition and reward programs
- Patent awards
- Technical paper awards for presentations and publications
- Recruitment awards
- Length of service awards
- Community service recognition
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.