Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Lead Clutch Enginer
Eaton in Shanghai has an opening for a Lead Clutch Engineer. The essential job functions include: A. Ensure current product safety and reliability. B. Review and disposition Engineering Change Order (ECO) of current products. C. Work with customers suppliers and Eaton representatives to resolve customer complaints for product performance issues. D. Make fit and function decisions for current products and appraise written Product Deviation Request (PDR). E. Improve product reliability through analysis of field samples statistical analysis and design changes. F. Lead product improvement team (PIT) projects to address product reliability issues. G. Provide engineering support for Supplier Resource Management initiatives. H. Develop product specifications test specifications and coordinate product testing for current products. I. Conceive and test for alternative materials and designs of current products. J. Identify and manage Manufacturing Key Characteristic (MKC) and Key Control Characteristic (KCC) lists. K. Provide engineering support to global Clutch manufacturing facilities and Eaton suppliers. L. Optimize new and current designs for ease of manufacturing and cost reduction. M. Work with Clutch joint venture engineering manager be a liaison to the Eaton Clutch ROW – help manage NPD opportunities. QualificationsBasic Qualification
• BS degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Minimum of 8 years working experience in clutch design development or manufacturing have strong knowledge of commercial vehicle truck bus or automotive components or powertrain systems Preferred Qualifications
• Trained in the Six Sigma methodology or equivalent statistical analysis techniques.
• Knowledge and experience with various manufacturing methods and processes (ex. stamping casting forging assembly and machining).
• Knowledge of materials and their respective attributes.
• Knowledge and experience with interpreting blue prints and dimensional layout including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
• Strong problem solving skills utilizing data to support problem resolution.
• Excellent people skills including team building and leadership abilities.
• Knowledge and experience with Quality Systems such as QS-9000 / TS-16949 and the key components (ex. FMEA PPAP APQP).
• Able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
• Able to work concurrently on multiple projects.
• Knowledge of PROLaunch product development system or equivalent.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Design for Manufacturability.
• Knowledge and experience with software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel Minitab Pro / ENGINEER...) Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information visit Eaton.com.At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate go above and beyond and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers. Job: Engineering Region: Asia Pacific Organization: VEH PDMP CPT Job Level: Individual Contributor Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: Yes 10 % of the Time Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity age national origin disability marital status genetic information protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Lead Clutch Enginer job at Eaton Corporation
Apply for this Lead Clutch Enginer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!