Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Eatons Electrical Products has an opening for a: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location: / Cwmbran South Wales UK / Eaton Electrical Products is a global leader in solutions and technologies designed to save lives and protect property. They are found in the most demanding industrial residential and commercial environments and offer fire and security detection traditional and LED illumination emergency notification safe electrical installation and escape route communication. For more information visit www.cooper-safety.com Primary Function: As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer you will be highly proficient at designing software architectures developing well documented embedded software in C C++ and PIC assembler and be experiences with full development lifecycles project management and time management. Proficiency with 8/16/32-bit microprocessors and their peripheral sets (ADC UART PWM etc) and an overall appreciation for electronic designs to facilitate unit testing and software debugging is essential. Experience with graphical displays (standard or touch screen) communication protocols and technologies and analogue signal processing along with an understand of software design tools and practices (such as PCLint Doxygen etc) is also desirable. As part of a multi-discipline engineering team you will ensure all designs comply with the product specifications current local legislation and regulatory standards. You will provide software documentation in accordance with the regulatory standards Qualifications Desirable Skills:
· Embedded C C++ & PIC programming
· Communication Protocols
· Software Documentation
· Microprocessor Experience(8/16/32 bit)
· Microprocessor Peripherals Experience (ADC PWM UART SPI COMPARATORS TIMERS etc)
· Electronics Appreciation
· Software Design Tools (Version Control Management PCLint Doxygen etc)
· Debugging / Unit Testing / Fault Finding Skills
· Project Management and Time Management
· Touch ScreensC# .NET (3.5) What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion whenever possible
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University. We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable efficient safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical passionate accountable efficient transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet never losing sight of what matters. Job: Engineering Region: Europe Middle East Africa Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA Job Level: Manager Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: Yes 10 % of the Time Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity age national origin disability marital status genetic information protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Please sign in to apply for this job.