Planning Engineer I Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Planning Engineer I job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The objective is to maintain a detailed production schedule for ‘on time delivery in accordance with the Production Plan (PIPO) schedule for the entire plant to ensure delivery and inventory goals are met.
Provide support to supervisor / management / leadership in the activities of distributing prioritizing guiding / orienting and monitoring the work of the team in function / support of the programs and established deadlines in order to meet goals. Plans prepares issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements.
- Plans prepares issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress material availability and potential production problems to ensure that personnel equipment materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel confirms material supply and demands prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance manufacturing purchasing engineering inventory control traffic etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- Elaborate action plans aimed / designed to meet and exceed expectations of the customer
- Directly support the supervisor by providing technical support
- Participate in the preparation of action plans aimed / designed to meet and exceed the customers expectations
- Lend support to the supervisor / management / leadership in the activities of distributing prioritizing guiding and monitoring the work of the team in function / support of the programs and established deadlines in order to meet goals
- Create/maintain a task schedule (including deliverable milestones); cycles; Load and Capacity analysis; Critical Path.
- Provide regular schedule status
- Schedule down time and preventative work. Coordinate down time for repairs and improvements with other departments as necessary.
- Maintains familiarization with requirements and schedule to schedule aircraft efficiently and improve utilization.
- Prepares and distributes various reports to department managers to provide feedback.
- Prepare and manage short medium and long term production planning
- Ensure effective measurements and visibilities of inputs and outputs for the relevant processes to assure goals are achieved and cost objectives are met.
- Perform continuous evaluation of critical resources to avoid bottlenecks.
- Compile reports on the progress of work and on production problems.
- Control work load and work capacity.
- Plan and coordinate actions to implement any product changes.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires: BS degree and prefer degree in Industrial Process or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Prefer a candidate with 4 or more years of experience in similar activities ( planning or production planning)
- Prefer prior aircraft Planning/Production and/or maintenance and repair experience.
- Comprehension understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Aircraft production environment
- Project Management
- Risk analysis
- Proficiency with planning practices and tools (Primavera P6 experience preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Utilization of Lean Production concepts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications– Word Excel MSProject; and knowledge of inventory software and Manufacturing software
- Proficiency with ERP MRP
- Adept at Analyzing Information
- Deal with Complexity
- Presentation Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Analytical and Statistical Tools
- Attention to Detail
- Data analysis and consolidation
- Cope with dead lines and other pressured situations.
- Interact with senior management and staff
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Planning and Production Control
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.