Ehs Specialist Iii Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Ehs Specialist Iii job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The EHS Technical Specialist under the direction from Leadership will drive the development organization administration and continuous improvement of the Environmental Health Safety programs within the facility.
- Maintain a strong presence in production areas to create and uphold a positive safety and environmental work place.
- Coordinates activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal state and local regulations related to environmental health and safety requirements.
- Develop and revise applicable SOPs; creates or acquires related safety training programs coordinated implementation of safety programs; maintains required records; submits required reports.
- Enforcing policies to establish and promote a culture of health and safety.
- Conducts safety and environmental site inspections.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace and develop controls for those hazards.
- Coordinates or conducts required environmental and safety orientations and training (OSHA EPA Fuel Program etc.) for company personnel.
- Coordinates and conducts inspections monitoring sampling testing and record-keeping as required to ensure compliance with environmental permits plans laws and regulations.
- Conducts internal audits and coordinates compliance activities.
- Perform environmental audits and maintain records for local state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assists with incident management incident investigations incident prevention and hazard recognition initiatives. Performs hazard assessments as required and / or as directed.
- Assist in ensuring regulatory requirements and regulatory reporting timelines are tracked and met
- Coordinates with site Management with regard to reporting of safety and/or environmental incidents.
- Performs a wide variety of complex planning trouble shooting preventive maintenance installation and repair on mechanical electrical electronic air and hydraulic components of machines material handling system and other plant related activities.
- Conducts and participates in regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Performs tasks and assists functions related to waste water treatment processes and hazardous waste management.
- Any other duties as assigned within the scope of the EHS field
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Associate Degree in Engineering Science Environmental Health and Safety field or related
- Bachelors Degree or Associate Degree in Engineering Science Environmental Health and Safety field or related
- Prefer 3-8 Years of experience in areas of responsibility: Environmental Health and Safety. Broad knowledge and/or understanding and experience applicable to OSHA EPA and DOT regulations required.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge and sound judgment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 Respirator Protection regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to other facilities to conduct audits and other safety functions as directed.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
Area: Risk Management
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.