Mrb Engineer Ii iii Aircraft Systems Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Mrb Engineer Ii iii Aircraft Systems job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
MRB Engineer II/III - 1st or 2nd shift
Must have at least 3-5 yrs experience (Level II) or 5+ yrs experience (Level III)
Provide product engineering support for production line and production flights as related to flight controls and aerodynamic related issues.
- Functional analysis for non-conformities based on design criteria and certification reports of flight control systems and aerodynamic issues.
- Assigns responsibility for technical dispositions of non-conformities for the above systems on production line.
- Evaluate technical dispositions impact on production schedules safety quality aspects documentation and costs/benefits involved.
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering areas involved on non-conformity analysis.
- Substantiate the approval of non-conformities considered “minor” and present for the local authorities as required.
- Elaborate dispositions for non-conformities detected on supplier components in case of Embraers design responsibility.
- Validate suppliers dispositions for non-conformities in case such supplier is not delegated as MRB.
- Start a design revision process with engineering staff for those cases which the disposition will affect interchangeability or maintainability of the product.
- Provide engineering support for trouble shootings on production line and production flights.
- Ensure project related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements.
- Apply technical principles theories and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems.
- Provide mentorship training and guidance for junior engineers
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS/BA degree in Engineering (Aerospace or Mechanical)
- Must have a 3 to 5 years minimum of related engineering experience. Recent aircraft related experience is preferred.
- Aircraft operation/maintenance (MCC) or production line experience desired (professional levels).
- Prior MRB authorization preferred.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in an aerodynamics and flight performance and in all other interrelated tasks and responsibilities of the job function.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company products (e.g. analyzing and troubleshooting aircraft systems problems).
- Makes use of and applies job practices techniques standards principles theories and concepts.
- Knowledge of verification validation certification and qualification processes and procedures.
- Understands governing regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
- Skills to build and manipulate data sets (e.g. compare CATIA to measurement data).
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrent engineering Design for Manufacture/Assembly).
- Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g. design test software technology avionics.
- Familiarity with Flight Data Recording software preferred.
- Familiarity with CATIA V5--Understanding of drawing practices material properties and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft flight control surface manufacturing installation rigging and trim.
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills.
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Availability for domestic and international travel
- Must be able to obtain a TSA/SIDA (Secure Identification Display Area) clearance to access secure areas.
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.