- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Captain job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Acts as a pilot to support company sponsored operator conferences sales campaigns deliveries and demonstrations for government officials and/or customers
- Acts as a pilot to support company sponsored operator conferences sales campaigns deliveries and demonstrations for government officials and/or customers.
- Oversees client pilots route operations with passengers on board.
- Participates with clients in new aircraft operation procedures helping with necessary manuals guides forms etc. Ensures operational functionality and pilot and passenger safety.
- Ensures compliance with federal regulations and product specifications.
- Performs demonstrations nationally and internationally.
- Prepares necessary operational documentation for delivery and demonstration flights such as: over flight authorizations fuel supply cards flight logs runway analysis arrival and departure procedures drift down analysis when applicable and on board manuals (AOM AFM QRH MEL etc.).
- Verifies legal requirements for over flight permits and/or landing sites in other countries.
- Verifies insurance coverage for flight crew liability hull etc. on delivery and demonstration flights in foreign countries.
- Maintains aircraft manifests updated is able to communicate maintenance problems in writing.
- Controls and maintains updated all necessary documents and individual/technical licenses.
- Maintains and updates computer database associated with ground logistics catering services etc.
- Gives flight instruction in flight simulators (CBTs and FTDs) to company and clients pilots.
- Support training providers on developing and conducting customer training as well as act as liaison between Embraer and training centers.
- Controls issues classify and communicate with GOE (Fleet Support Division) staff/personnel documents for each flight crewmember.
- Participates in airplane accident prevention and investigation groups and commissions.
- Participates in technical committees (IATA ICAO Euro-control new executive aviation technology applications such as: Data Link BRNAV RVSM GNSS etc.).
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS or BA Undergraduate Degree typically required in a related field of study.
- Desirable technical degree in aviation mechanics or electrical field.
- CFI (Certified Flight Instructor)
- Generally 5-7 years of experience in a specialized functional discipline.
- Previous experience operating Embraer products.
- Also minimum 100 hours experience in international air traffic in US Canada or Europe.
- Previous experience with flight instruction and as a corporate pilot.
- Decision making skills maturity pro-active self-starter initiative emotional stability polite self-sufficient self-control calm discreet trusty persuade consistent listener
- Analysis and evaluation skills assertive innovative creative interpersonal relationship and communication skills accuracy reserved own judgment skills open mind and team-worker.
- Minimum: 3500 total flight hours
500 PIC (Pilot in Command) hours
1000 Turbo Jet hours
- Currency: must have flown in the last 90 days
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Comprehension understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- International flight experience
- Experience in Business Aviation
- EFIS (Glass cockpit) experience
- Production flight experience
- Ability to hold multiple type ratings
- ATP (Airline Transport Pilot License) FAA and ANAC authorities (able to fly both N and PT registered aircraft particularly on demo flights); if candidate does not hold a ANAC license must be willing to co-validate FAA license to ANAC standards
- First class Medical Certificate (FAA and ANAC)
- Have no criminal records since multiple visas are required to perform duties
- ANAC (Brazilian Civil Aviation Agency) PLA FAA ATP licenses
- First Class ANAC and FAA Medical
- Knowledge of most efficient ways for negotiating and obtaining necessary authorizations from agencies in foreign countries
- Accident prevention and investigation techniques and procedures
- Aviation law and regulations including FAA FAR ICAO rules Chicago convention and Brazilian aeronautical code
- Aircraft systems/structures (electric electronic mechanic hydraulic pneumatic communication etc.)
- RVSM rules regulations and procedures
- International procedures
- Operation of flight simulators and training devices
- Utilization of safety equipment/ flight survival flight instructor course flight performance operational flight regulations CRM (cockpit resources management) line oriented flight training (LOFT)
- Language proficiency in English and Portuguese (Spanish useful)
- Lotus notes internet explorer Office (Word Excel Power Point and Access)
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Willing to sign a 2 year commitment agreement (aircraft type rating).
- Must live within 1hr of base (MLB)
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Good presentation to represent the company in demonstration and sales activities
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Desirable development in marketing and sales
- Self motivated mature good decision maker team player (CRM)
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Flight Operations
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.