Asst Controller Financial Reporting Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Asst Controller Financial Reporting job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting including financial statements IFRS (technical documentation and researching) internal controls and transfer pricing.
- Ensure that US Group complies with Parent Companys regulations and professional standards
- Guide the US accounting staff on treatment of IFRS technical accounting issues and new transactions.
- Assist in directing the organizations accounting functions which include establishing and maintaining accounting principles practices and procedures
- Train and develop accounting staff and implement standardization of accounting policies.
- Manage quarterly consolidation for the US Group.
- Responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of financial statements with related footnote disclosures for external use.
- Assist in managing the US Group tax and Transfer Pricing reporting and compliance develop and implement local strategies utilizing internal and external resources while aligning with corporate directives.
- Work with outside auditors and other departments to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain relations and communications with Parent Company to ensure alignment on technical accounting issues
- Research and document US Group accounting issues to ensure compliance
- Establish and maintain standardization of accounting policies for the US Group in accordance with Parent Company.
- Analyzes system trial balances entries transactions to ensure compliance and recommends corrective actions when needed to assigned areas
- Engages in discussions at operational and management levels
- Provides written and verbal instructions on accounting practice changes and follow-up until resolved for configuration and transaction issues that generate accounting entries
- Identifies significant trends and areas for management attention
- Analyzes indicators of business activity
- Creates and maintains documentation of policies procedures and work instructions.
- Manages schedules documentation and support for internal and external audit activities.
- Coordinates between Finance and other U.S. business areas to facilitate communication of financial implications related to process changes new business requirements and exceptions
- Supports operational areas related to special projects continuous improvements business development and complex accounting transactions
- Documents improvement opportunities in operational and financial areas
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead special projects in the accounting area such as acquisitions due diligence and new business accounting process and procedures.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors degree in Accounting Finance or related field required.
- CPA or MBA required.
- Consultant Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Generally 6-10 years of relevant experience and familiar with a variety of the fields concepts practices and procedures.
- Experience with complex accounting transactions and ability to research technical issues
- Experience with audit examinations internal controls documentation process improvements and lean initiatives is desired
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience required
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Extensive technical accounting knowledge and familiarity with accepted accounting practices.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the functions status quo.
- Ability to demonstrate people management skills (HR guidelines tools policies) value based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction) employment law (sexual harassment disability discrimination labor laws etc.).
- Business vision competitiveness skills (Managing innovation the customer service growth and creativity).
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word Excel Power Point and Access)
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies Directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Financial Controller
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.