Lead Inspector Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Lead Inspector job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Ensures safe work practices are followed. Plan direct and coordinate the activities of his/her area so as to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency. Provides training and to assist subordinates in the proper procedures methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
- Assists Technical Support Assistant Manager in making work assignments within area of responsibility.
- Makes available to personnel the necessary overhaul manuals service bulletins airworthiness directives and other required technical data.
- Support internal tooling process.
- Ascertain all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible technician.
- Ensures proper handling of all parts and preservation of all units or parts while in repair process or during process through the facility and after work is completed.
- Initiation of requisitions for stock and materials as required.
- Verifies that the technicians are properly trained to perform assigned tasks.
- Comply with repair station procedures (RSM /QCM) and company policies (SOP) when performing aircraft or component maintenance.
- Ensures that necessary tooling and equipment is made available to assigned technicians.
- Will be properly certificated in accordance with FAR Part 65.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- AP and / or composite experience a plus
- Generally at least 8 years of experience or greater in area of responsibility.
- Experience with regional aircraft; proficient in 2+ aircraft types; must be trained proficient and show demonstrated skill with the aircraft that lead position is responsible for; has strong interpersonal skills; Been with EAMS for one year.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Assignments require Advanced Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical area as well as a strong understanding of External Regulations and Functional Work Standards that affect Technical Requirements and Outputs.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the Technician Function Status Quo.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend aircraft repair manuals repair orders and related blueprint drawings.
- Composite experience a plus.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours if required.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- The Lead Aircraft Inspector will be properly certificated in accordance with either FAR 65 Subpart D or Subpart E.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able to work in hot/Cold – Indoor/Outdoor.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to do work above head.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.