Logistics Operator I Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Logistics Operator I job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Performs a combination of warehouse shipping and/or receiving tasks and inspection as well as tracks company inventory.
Perform basic tasks in regards to the receiving process
- Receive Intercompany POs
- Perform the Volume and Manifest transactions
- Research information pertaining to incoming shipments.
- Put away of parts to stock
Perform basic tasks in regards to the shipping process
- Arrange delivery of parts offsite or customer pick up.
- Generate shipping documentation including AWB (airway bill) invoice SLI (Shippers Letters of Instructions) and other;
- Manual shipments;
- Perform “Skip Lot” and UOM conversions
- Domestic and International shipping
Perform basic tasks in warehouse organization and management
- Analyze basic material movements to locate parts serial number and quantity change.
- Perform stock transfers and labeling as well as parts packing and re-packing when needed;
- Perform cycle counts and re-counts
- Return of stock material re-certified/repaired
- May be required to handle shipping and receiving of hazardous material.
- Handles emergencies (such as no SAP parts expediting panic ticket system)
- May be required to handle hazardous material documentation and international paperwork
- Suggests improvements on activities processes and tasks
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED required
- FLSA Non-Exempt Intermediate Level Service Production or Support Worker role requiring basic skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the function.
- Generally 1-3 years of experience in area of responsibility. Experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Assignments require basic knowledge of a technical or functional area.
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the functional area takes place.
- Ability to multi-task multi-functional and a team player.
- Forklift certified and ability to operate machinery and power-tools
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving functions
- Knowledge of inventory systems and methods
- User knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Able to navigate through SAP
- Valid Driver License is required
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
OHousekeeping duties and maintenance of clean work area (i.e. keep warehouse area clean and neat at all times).
- Must be able to keep standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.