Manager Of Procurement Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Manager Of Procurement job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Manages and plans for purchasing of required indirect materials and services to support all departments.
- Develop plan and execute initiatives operating policies technology advancements and procedures. Present results and recommendations to senior leadership in order to drive future initiatives.
- Standardize and implement operating policies and procedures
- Develop the competencies required to support the business in the area of relationship management technology analytics compliance transactional support strategic sourcing category management contract management vendor risk assessment and mitigation and vendor relationship management. Define roles and responsibilities in order to deliver the capabilities associated with the distinct competencies listed
- Expert management of the Procure to Pay process tower (P2P)
- Effectively communicate ongoing and upcoming initiatives that affect the organization
- Increase the visibility and profile of the procurement organization across the company in order to address the gaps of knowledge about procurement activities policies and initiatives
- Develop the category strategy and objectives including procurement budgets plans policies systems and procedures within the organization Analyze identify evaluate and capitalize on opportunities to maximize value by reducing/avoiding costs and risks and by increasing quality and performance.
- Develop and manage strong trusted relationships with all shareholders in order to effectively and efficiently run operations in accordance with the operating model
- Analyze present plan budget and execute initiatives to drive clearly defined savings recognition through price reductions rationalization of specifications demand management improvements and cost avoidance
- Manage the formalized category management process to identify and deliver savings from sourcing activities
- Conduct comprehensive spend analysis in order to identify opportunities
- Expand success of global strategic sourcing across multiple company subsidiaries
- Minimize and manage conflict at all levels by deploying a centralized transparent operating model which maximizes the value of strategic relationship management with all stakeholders
- Reduce risk and exposure through standardization of contract creation approval process and contract terms. Improve internal and vendor compliance to negotiated pricing volume and rebates
- Exercise authority and influence to ensure internal compliance to corporate procurement policies. Develop action plans to rectify escapes from policy to minimize risk
- Establish and manage a formal vendor relationship management program necessary to ensure continuity of sourcing and continuous improvement of supplier performance
- Manage the data and information for all business intelligence reporting and analytics activities associated with the P2P value stream including KPI SLAs and project data
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum BA/BS in BusinessProcurement Supply Chain Management Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Middle Manager for a small group of FLSA Exempt Entry to Senior Level Professionals.
- Generally 5-7 years of experience in People Management.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building and customer service rapport
- Familiarity with sourcing processes including RFPs RFQs
- Proficiency with ExcelWord and PowerPoint
- Data analysis skills
- Sharp attention to details
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.