Sr Financial Analyst Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Sr Financial Analyst job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Analyzes financial information and makes recommendations for future actions with the objective of improving financial results minimizing costs and improving efficiency. Oversees the budget process and system.
- Develops procedures for tracking of new operations. Develops new analysis with the purpose of providing information to management that is necessary to effectively manage the business. Accumulates information related to financial results of operations from various entities and reviews for accuracy and reasonableness for presentation to management.
- Analyzes of the financial impact on the overall business and the operational structure necessary to ensure proper recording and reporting of the results of these products in the financial statements.
- Performs review and documents procedures related to operations of subsidiaries.
- Assists in the development of reports in SAP in an effort to minimize the amount of time required to prepare monthly reporting to management.
- Works with Administration department to track progress of construction and analyze budget status.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and ensures compliance with corporate directives.
- Performs analysis related to the potential investments in fixed assets.
- Assists the coordination of activities between Finance area and different company units.
- Analyzes potential tax and USGAAP impact related to changes in organizational operations and structure.
- Assists in the development of SAP functionality and makes recommendations to management related to potential SAP improvements.
- Communicates with other company units to ensure proper understanding of policies practices and procedures. Carries out accounting activities for specific programs.
- Supports finance and operational areas related to special projects. Assists with supervision of employees by providing guidance related to work product and process improvement.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS Degree in Finance Accounting or Related Field
- MBA preferred
- FLSA Exempt Consultant Level Individual Contributor on a functional group.
- Prefer 8+ years of experience in general financial analysis development for business support.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in a specialty area and in all other interrelated tasks and responsibilities of the job function.
- Independently motivated to develop strong working relationships with business partners to increase the flow of information and accuracy in forecasting
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the functions status quo. Financial mathematics financial/operations administration investment analysis lines of credit property appraisal depreciation and amortization cash flow accounting treasury credit analysis SAP system cost center accounting reconciliation techniques IRS Legislation (tax) / fiscal strong computer skills in Microsoft office ( Word Excel Power Point and Access) Lotus Notes ENS system.
- Analysis and evaluation capabilities forecast capability consistency accuracy attentiveness assertive deductive reasoning discernment mental flexibility communication and interpersonal relationship skills cooperative and team player.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.