Flammability materials Engineer Ii iii Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Flammability materials Engineer Ii iii job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Develop and certify new materials and processes; assist the engineering during the development phase knowledge in flammability and composite materials. Issue reports as test proposals results and witnessing tests in labs. Understanding finishing process application on monuments and panels.
• Ensure material (metallic and non-metallic) related engineering data is in compliance with corporate policies and certification requirements
• Apply technical principles theories and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems
• Flammability tests witnessing
• Certificating new materials for aircraft interiors
• Flammability reports analysis and interfacing with partners during reports proposal and issue
• Test Labs identification / qualification and interface between Embraer and labs for metallic and non-metallic materials
• Test results analysis
• Develop new materials and / or improved processes within Embraer manufacturing
• Determine and communicate technical material requirements with design engineering (will work closely with multi-functional)
• Develop project-related data for new or improved material processes assembly and manufacturing techniques and associated data including strength allowables
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a Bachelors degree in engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Prior executive aviation interior background is required
- Generally minimum 4-7 years of experience Executive Aviation Interior specialized functional discipline.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of aircraft interior manufacturing installation and certification
- Highly motivated
- Comprehension understanding and execution of broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Applies these understandings in the completion of complex work assignments.
- Role requires application of advanced skills attained via greater years of experience towards solving complex issues and problems.
- May act as Project Representative from immediate group they are assigned to in the resolution of problems/issues encountered across multiple functions which require a coordinated response.
- Impact within job and their department based on their work responsibilities begins to regularly extend to certain other functional groups within the organization.
- Errors could adversely impact internal and/or external customer business relationships and could result in moderate to significant work delays and/or costs to correct.
- Performs Work assignments that are truly of an independent nature but still based on objectives determined by others.
- Significant leeway is established at this level to determine the best individual approach to achieve stated objectives.
- Work is typically reviewed at the time of project completion rather than on an ongoing or periodic basis.
- Typically provides guidance on task completion to more Junior Team Members and may also review and check their work assignments.
- Proficient computer skills with use of Microsoft office applications
- Proficient in CATIA is desired. Training will be provided if required
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to become involved in a number of projects in a fast paced work environment.
- Portuguese or Spanish language skills a plus
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Availability for domestic and international travel
- Must be able to obtain a TSA/SIDA (Secure Identification Display Area) clearance to access secure areas.
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.