Ehs Coordinator Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Ehs Coordinator job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position drives the development organization administration and continuous improvement of EHS programs within the facility. Position coordinates and conducts inspections monitoring sampling testing and record-keeping as required to ensure compliance with environmental permits plans laws and regulations. EHS coordinator will be responsible to review revise and coordinated activities with applicable SOPs. Position will also conduct formulate and / or coordinate training for personnel. Position conducts internal audits and coordinates compliance activities.
- Coordinates activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal state and local regulations related to environmental health and safety requirements.
- Develops applicable SOPs; creates or acquires related safety training programs coordinated implementation of safety programs; maintains required records; submits required reports.
- Maintains an Emergency Response Plan for facility and maintains emergency response preparedness for company personnel. Conducts safety and environmental site inspections. Coordinates or conducts required environmental and safety orientations and training (OSHA EPA etc.) for company personnel. Maintain and monitor respiratory program and coordinate medical surveillance as required by OSHA. Perform environmental audits and maintain records for local state and federal regulatory agencies. Assists with incident management incident investigations incident prevention and hazard recognition initiatives. Performs hazard assessments as required and / or as directed. Coordinates with EAMS Management with regard to reporting of safety and/or environmental incidents.
- Any other duties as assigned within the scope of the EHS field
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prefer Associate Degree relevant to EHS.
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety field. Broad knowledge and/or understanding and experience applicable to OSHA TOSHA and DOT regulations required.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge and sound judgment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Strategic Security
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.