Buyer I Featured
- Titusville, Florida
- Job ID
Buyer I job at Embraer in Titusville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Qualifies vendors evaluates bids and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services
- Tracks purchases monitors vendor quality and maintains a current database of vendor information. May require a bachelors degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
- Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role
- Works with senior level buyers
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Requiring basic skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the function.
- 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Skills are effective applied in accomplishing all tasks.
- Assignments require basic knowledge of a technical or functional area.
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the functional area takes place.
- Knowledge of value based management fundamentals (Shareholder Satisfaction x Customer Satisfaction x Employee Satisfaction) employment law (sexual harassment disability discrimination labor laws etc.).
- Proficient in MS Office Lotus Notes Internet Explorer SAP.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Plan organize and direct an effective financial and administrative services program.
- Ability to demonstrate negotiation skills.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Material Solutions
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.