Regulatory Compliance Specialist Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Regulatory Compliance Specialist job at Embraer in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Analyze identify and classify parts to ensure international shipping compliance.
- Implement and maintain record-keeping system and databases to comply with U. S. Customs and International compliance regulations.
- Research review and provide feedback of applicable tax laws in all the countries that parts are imported/exported.
- Review shipments of parts for civilian and military aircraft to ensure compliance with the Export Administration Regulation (EAR) and International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Perform regular internal audits to identify disclose and work to fix any potential Import/ Export Compliance concerns communicating and coordinating actions with corporate compliance area.
- Obtain the necessary information to prepare the documents and licenses required with suppliers or vendors attorneys government representatives etc. Interface with internal/external customers foreign order administration customs officers and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment.
- Follow-up control and update the records related to license expirations amendments and new applications as well as the specifications defined for each item in terms of price quantity dates etc.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA in Business Administration or International Trade/Commerce or equivalent combination of experience.
- Consultant Level Administrative Professional Contributor on a Project or Work Team.
- 8 or more years of experience in area of material importation and exportation processes analysis and preparation according to the requirements from U.S. government.
- Experience with special customs provisions such as drawback NAFTA GSP
- Experience with international customs regulations and trading practices in Latin America.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Understanding of Exportation and Importation processes and regulations: International Traffic In Arms regulations (ITAR) Export Administration Regulation (EAR) Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) DSP-05 DSP-73 DSP-83 End User certificates compliance documentation (Air Way Bill-AWB and Electronic Export Information-EEI).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel Power Point and Access.
- Desirable knowledge of SAP Material Management module.
- Business oriented person with ability of communication negotiation and presentation.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Availability to work afterhours and travel.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.