Lead Structures ap Required Featured
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Lead Structures ap Required job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Ensures that sheet metal and composite shop repair activities are performed in accordance with company and FAA repair procedures and policies and ensures conformance to prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Assists the Supervisor aircraft modifications in making work assignments within area of responsibility.
- Provides instruction and on-the-job training to technicians.
- Carries out diagnostic and repair tasks along with technicians observing approved and prescribed procedures; performs the more technically complex repairs.
- Submits work to Quality Assurance for final inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Ensures that assigned technicians use appropriate manual references and proper tools in performing their repair duties.
- Monitors quality of work in progress as well as performance to production schedule; works with the Supervisor aircraft modifications to implement ways to remedy behind schedule conditions.
- Assists in the maintenance of records and technical data required by the FAA.
- Monitors shop requirements and corresponding Stores inventories to avoid shortages that would adversely affect production.
- Assists Supervisor in planning work around to alleviate shortage conditions.
- Assists Supervisor in establishing procedures for inclusion in repair
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- AP and / or structures experience a plus or repairmans certificate may substitute for AP
- Master Technician Role requiring Expert skills to perform all standard and emerging tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 8 years of experience or greater in area of responsibility 5 years or more experience doing aircraft structures as well as able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Supervisory experience a plus
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Customer Service knowledge
- Must be able to fabricate parts.
- Reads work orders blueprints and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs uses repair and maintenance.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
- Knowledge of raw materials production processes quality control costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- The Lead Technician will be properly certificated in accordance with either FAR 65 Subpart D or Subpart E
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.