Business Analyst Ii Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Business Analyst Ii job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
To provide information and analysis of operational and business functions as well as to take part in the implementation of policies and procedures and systems and tools in order to improve companys efficiency and streamline processes.
- Perform operational business and cost analysis variance analysis); prepare related reports (e.g. management reports) as requested by companys management.
- Perform analysis and reports that demonstrate compliance with the commitments and requirements of Space Florida or other development agencies.
- Play active role on the preparation of the annual budget (for costs centers and projects) and monthly forecasts devising multiple scenarios and “what-if” analysis.
- Control headcount strategy and analyze its impacts on budget forecast for cost centers and projects.
- Perform the Engineering allocation process monthly analyze impacts on projects actual costs and trends and draw up recovery plans.
- Support the billing process.
- Control the engineering offices revenue and project costs; analyze the engineering income statement results on current results trends and recovery plans.
- Other Ad-hoc requests.
- Provide support and reports for Managers
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors Degree with a major in Accounting Finance or related area required.
- Generally 5-8 years of cost accounting and financial analysis experience required.
- Experience in performing general administrative support activities related to aircraft programs
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; team work; strategic thinker
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Knowledge of cost and financial accounting principles practices and procedures.
- PC skills – strong Excel and Power Point skills required.
- Previous Access and financial planning and reporting systems experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Initiative and achievement orientation.
- Bi-lingual English/Portuguese preferred.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours if required.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Accounting, Cost Controls
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.