Avionics Technician I Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Avionics Technician I job at Embraer in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Performs avionics and electrical systems maintenance according to FCC FAA and Company Policies and Regulations. Troubleshoots tests repairs and installs avionics components such as aircraft communication navigation radar and electronic instrument systems. Operates and maintains test equipment and trade associated tools.
- Performs routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failure of aircraft electrical and avionic systems and components; performs complete operational and functional checks on navigation communication and flight control systems including instrumentation and pilot static installations etc. Fabricates wiring harnesses installs/modifies avionic and electrical systems.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme and quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures same from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) technical data and work package instructions.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework and performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping off after finishing all designated operations.
- Performs installation of digital avionic equipment.
- Interprets avionic/electrical wiring diagrams wire identification harness fabrication wiring and cable integrity coax cables and fittings and connector assemblies.
- Adjusts repairs or replaces malfunctioning components or assemblies using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Installs electrical and electronic components assemblies and systems in aircraft using hand tools power tools and soldering iron.
- Interprets flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight test of electrical and electronic systems.
- Tests components or assemblies using circuit tester oscilloscope and voltmeter.
- Trouble shoots repairs reworks and modifies worn or defective assemblies components or systems.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- Current AP or an FAA Repairman Certificate (Avionics).
- Desired: FCC License.
- 1 year actual and recent depot level aircraft avionics experience is required (repair of electrical systems flight control systems instrumentation and wiring); proficiency with: interpretation of avionic/electrical wiring diagrams wire identification harness fabrication cables fittings circuits and connectors
- Desired: Prior experience in executive jet repair facility.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Troubleshooting — determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Installation — Installing equipment machines wiring or programs to meet specifications.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Selection — determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Equipment Maintenance — performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their uses repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 Respirator Protection regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.